• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

when is 7800gtx 512mb out?

Soldato
I am in the same boat. OCUK said they would be back in late Jan but none have been shipped yet so may slip a little although should imagine Nvidia will try to mess up ATI's X1900 launch on Tuesday. Best case scenario is they arrive in the UK this weekend. Only 2000 are coming to the UK and 500 are going to OCUK so should be easy to get one in the first week so although saw a rumour which said the worldwide demand was for 24000!!!

Soldato
MichaelHo said:
cant wait to play some games on it, a £400+ gfx card, that better impress!

u getting a new system AWPC?
Already have it just need the gfx card to complete it. Reusing my CPU, PSU etc etc. Got a top board from OCUK last week Asus P5WD2Premium. Native support for 1066FSB & DDR800-2 so can be pushed to 1333FSB!!!!!! Cannot wait as some games on full detail are a little sluggish @ the moment on the Dell2405 @ 1920x1200.

Soldato
MichaelHo said:
i dont want to order it, have all my parts come and then wait until the 7800 actually physically comes into stock before i can actually build it.
No ideas then?

Do you really want pay about £500 for a video card now.Thats rumoured to be discontinued in about 2 weeks time..

Associate
you could buy a real cheap PCI-E card (say £35), then wait for the G71 to release (AFAIK - only a month or so away). ..... or go for the fastest card currently on the market ... well, as of next week -the ATI 1900xtx

Last edited:
Soldato
D.P. said:
Because is isn't cheaper and the only indications are it isn't faster and maybe he prefers Nvidia...

Actually Gibbo stated the X1900XTX would be about 100 pound cheaper than the 512MB GTX & that the X1900XTX would also be faster (its also been stated online the X1900XTX is faster).

So you seem to be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom