Mobile Athlon Question.

Soldato
Can I sit my freezer 64 on top of a socket 754 4000+ Newark to test it or will it crush the core as there is no heatspreader on the chip?

Associate
it will not crush the core however i would order a big typhoon from ocuk which is a screw down fiting that will allow good contact without the ihs

omg please post a thread if u get to oc 1 of these //drools

i balanced a freezer 4 on my xp-m and that was fine

Soldato
OP
I don't want to buy a new heatsink as my watercooling setup has been ordered and this is just a short term measure to test the chip and make sure it works.

I'm currently tracking the order via fedex from Taiwan and the best of it is the guy who I bought the chip from says I don't have to pay him until I recieve it and make sure it works. It's costing £178 including delivery plus about £30 for a messed up escrow transaction but I'll get some cash from the sale of my claw to soften the blow.

I really hope this works out but at worst I'll be £30 out of pocket with no chip and the £30 wont be in his pocket.

It's a good job for him that I'm honest.

EDIT: What if I turned the pc on it's side and just sat the freezer 64 on top of it without fixing the clamp in place. Would that work?

Back
Top Bottom