Does accoustipak really work?

Soldato
I bought a new akasa eclipse case from overclockers last week, and it rattles like a 80 year old woman who has smoked 40 a day for 50 years.

Would accoustipak fix this, the big egg carton style stuff, which i presume would fit with their being enough room inside the case to swing an army of cats.

I am wondering though, if ive missed something im supposed to bolt down putting the pc together, as i ended up with 4 thumb screws sitting beside the case when i put it all back together :confused: If they came out, i presume they should go back in somewhere.

Does anyone else have similar problems with the eclipse, people raved about it, i was expecting something beautiful, its a bit of a red haired stepchild in my eyes, thermally its the best case ive owned, but it has looks only a mother could love.

Associate
That sounds rather disappointing.

If its as bad as you say (and you care about silence), i'd dig it an early grave and buy a case made for silence.

Look at Antec Sonata and P range.

AcoustiPak does help, but can't perform miracles. It will also cause issues with cooling and sometimes airflow (dependent on case and installation).

M

Soldato
OP
I was going to buy the antec but the black one was out of stock when i was ordering. Ive had the Antec Sonata before, it is without doubt the ugliest case ive owned, and ive owned some hummers in my time.

Soldato
Its resonating, there is a thread on here about how to solve it, and I doubt AcoustiPak will help out with this.

If you add me to msn I may be able to help with a few small things, but the thread on here had some good info in it :)

Soldato
OP
I did have a cursed case actually, it was an antec p120 or something like that. I blew up a motherboard in it, smoke started coming out, tried a different psu with it previous to that and it blew up.

I had to throw it away after that, it was truly cursed.

Soldato
Not yet, unless the current sale +4 interested fall through :)

People thought the case was in a lot worse nick than it was with my super low asking, should shift it now.

Back
Top Bottom