Front panel wiring to motherboard?? (ECS Nforce4 A939 )

Caporegime
I have a friend in a bit of a fix,
Having recently acquired a complete new computer, he has a question.

On the front panel there are two USB ports a minijack thing for headphones and another for a mic. There is also a firewire port. Now the USB's had plugs on the other end, so they were simple enough to install. The audio jacks were also fairly simple as the motherboard manual made it fairly clear as to what went where.

The Firewire on the other hand makes no sense to him.
There are 7 wires, black, white, green, red, orange, blue and another duller grey/black.

Now the wires are labled as thus:
VP(+12v)= white with a jumpwire.
VG(GND1)= black with a jumpwire VG(GND2)
TPB- = red
TPB+ = green
TPA- = Orange
TPA+ = blue
And SHIELD.

Now I (and, he) would greatly appreciate if someone could tell us how to correctly connect the above wires to the header that is laid out thus,

" .:::: "

We've tried the ECS website & support sections to no avail, I was hoping somebody knows what were on about and can point us in the right direction.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
williamw11 said:
I dont see any mention of firewire capability on this board???
Whats the marking on the header??
A reply from my friend....

I've tried signing up to the ocuk boards but not only does it say that someones nabbed my nick it also doesn't like hotmail.

I think however he's right. I was working on the assumption that it would fit onto a USB header as there is no mention of a firewire one anywhere. So I guess that means problem solved.

Thanks for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom