Problem with RealVNC and Accessing the computer

Associate
Hi, I have My computer on my network setup for accessing from my work computer using the web browser but when i access it through www.no-ip.com it only ever accesses the setup screen on my router.

I assume this is something to do with port forwarding but not sure how to do it on a belkin Highspeed wireless router (the 125mpbs one)

Thanks

Permabanned
best way make a vpn between your pc and the other pc remember to use port forward and if you have a firewall then allow that connection.

Associate
crashuk said:
best way make a vpn between your pc and the other pc remember to use port forward and if you have a firewall then allow that connection.

How exactly?? he's not running Server 2003 you know :p

VNC is better than most remote programs. And it's free/open source.
How exactly are you connecting to your other PC, across LAN? or the internet?
if your going across LAN, you won't want your external network IP.

Caporegime
Do you have XP Professional? If so, install Remote Desktop Web Connection, and forward the ports. It's nicer to use than VNC.

Caporegime
I can use Ultr@VNC from my university connection, Remote Desktop doesn't work though. I don't think it's a rare thing that VNC works through a lot of firewalls / proxies.

Associate
Do you have XP Professional? If so, install Remote Desktop Web Connection, and forward the ports. It's nicer to use than VNC.

RD has MANY flaws. Like you can't send a ctrl+alt+del combo, VNC you can. Cant do an alt tab, VNC you can. Cant transfer files or chat to remote PC, VNC you can. not to mention the many plugins you can get. VNC wins hands down.
VNC als works NAT to NAT with a simple program available from sourceforge, RD doesn't do that either.

Permabanned
Plus with Vnc you can see the exact problem that your user is experiencing and get them to show you the how they are getting this issue.

With rd you can not because it locks the users terminal why you are working on it. VNC for the win

Permabanned
Phantom_Master said:
Plus with Vnc you can see the exact problem that your user is experiencing and get them to show you the how they are getting this issue.

With rd you can not because it locks the users terminal why you are working on it. VNC for the win

Yeah major selling point.

Back
Top Bottom