New tripod

Soldato
Just ordered:

Manfrotto 322RC2 HEAVY DUTY GRIP BALL HEAD (see here £90

Manfrotto 055MF4 055 MAG FIBER TRIPOD 4 SCT (see here ) £220

Manfrotto MBAG 80P - £45 (for a padded bag - woah!)

Looking forward ot getting it! It had better be good, for this kind of money! My current tripod is a "Boots" brand one from the late 70s or early 80s.

Permabanned
055's are really nice, i've got the 055PRO-B and its a stunning piece of kit, but the weight can be a killer, i hope the carbon one you are getting is lighter and youll not be dissapointed :)

Soldato
why would u want to pay 90quid for something that most of the time just is used as a simple stand. I have 2 they both cost me 10quid, and neither have broke, and they do everything a 90quid one does, levels, swivels u name it.

Soldato
OP
Slime101 said:
055's are really nice, i've got the 055PRO-B and its a stunning piece of kit, but the weight can be a killer, i hope the carbon one you are getting is lighter and youll not be dissapointed :)
The CF version is 2kg as opposed to 2.4 so its light but not really by much.

Soldato
OP
ChroniC said:
why would u want to pay 90quid for something that most of the time just is used as a simple stand. I have 2 they both cost me 10quid, and neither have broke, and they do everything a 90quid one does, levels, swivels u name it.
Did you have a look at it? Its got a proper grip which means you can move it one handed. :) I also need it to support my 120-300 2.8 which when combined with the camera weighs well over 3kg.

Soldato
ChroniC said:
What exactly have you got that can do the job for a tenner?

Joe T; I've got that head and it's a beauty. Makes using a tripod an absolute joy as opposed to an annoyance (for me anyway). Nice tripod too, although I'm personally not a fan of those 'clippy' ones.

Associate
I have a 190ProB paired with a 322rc, it's a nice combo because the design of both is so intuitive. The head is more than enough to support any of my current gear. I'm considering the remote shutter release that they do which allows you to take the shot from the grip but can't find much information on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you planning to use the Tripod for motor sport ? I've never got on with one for fast action stuff. Use a Manfrotto mono pod with a simple ball head myself.
3Kg weight is dam heavy to lug around all day. Plus all the camera gear :eek:

Associate
NIce setup Joe :)

Let me know how you get on with that head please..

Thinking about getting one for my Gitzo G1227.

Talking about only wanting to buy once... I thought I'd done that when I got my Gitzo (£350 worth, although I got it for £180 in HK)..

Now I'm looking at getting either a 300/400mm f2.8 prime, looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to either a G13xx or G15xx, which is going to cost me £££ (although I could justify another trip to HK, I'm sure ;))

Associate
I got a manfrotto 055CL with a 488RC4 ball head recently, and it makes my older slik7700 (~£30 ?) seem like a toy.

ChroniC obviously hasn't tried to make 30 second exposures on a windy morning at the beach.

Last edited:
Associate
Good Choice

Very please with mind, photo taken by the other half using it in Times Square NY. With the 20D last year, now using the 5D.

I have the 486RC2 ball head.

IMG_0286.jpg

While on a thread, if any knows how to add pages to a Coppermine gallery web site. It uses php. Please let me know. Thank you

Also have the Manfrotto 695 magfiber monopod good as well.

Last edited:
Associate
glitch said:
Anyone use the Neotec tripod?

I have used the tripod and its a great bit of kit.. I have the neotec monopod which is also great... the quick setup and ease of use just laughs at all other methods of setting up

they are expensive - but its a great design

Back
Top Bottom