[Helpdesk Software] Information Resource Manager

Associate
I wasn't sure if this was best posted in Software or Web Design, but I thought software was more apt.

Anyway....I'm looking at setting up a Asset Management/Helpdesk System on our intranet at work. I stumbled across a piece of php software on Sourceforge which looks like it'll do the job perfectly.

It's called IRM (Information Resource Manager) - http://irm.sourceforge.net.

I've set this up and got it working perfectly....until it come sto connecting it to LDAP for authentication (something it supports).

Just wondered if anyone has had any knowledge in this piece of software, or can point me in the direction of a similar product. I've tried on the forums for this software, but they help there is pretty lacking...

Associate
OP
We already use Outlook for Helpdesk call logging (Jobs dished out via Tasks).

We're looking for something that can collate information about our computers. The software posted sniffs the network using SNMP and collates all our hardware. Users can then register faults against that hardware.

Associate
i'm in the process of coding my own helpdesk software for my final year project and it comes along with LDAP authentication :D

if you can post the code for where its doing the authentication i'll take a look, little too hungover to download and go through it atm.

Soldato
Spike_UK said:
We already use Outlook for Helpdesk call logging (Jobs dished out via Tasks).

We're looking for something that can collate information about our computers. The software posted sniffs the network using SNMP and collates all our hardware. Users can then register faults against that hardware.

Languard.

Back
Top Bottom