KOTOR II - Any good?

Associate
Just finished KOTOR this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I may play it as a dark-side character next but was wondering about KOTOR II.

I just wondered is KOTOR II more of the same and as enjoyable? or is it a poor sequel? (as many sequals are?)

Cheers

AB

Soldato
Its not as good, but it certainly still is excellent. I felt they should have kept on the same storyline, i ultimately got stuck and never went back to it, which was a shame as I was enjoying it, changed my pc and forgot to save.

Make sure you patch it up before you start though, as i think a patch solved a few sticky issues like the racing.

Man of Honour
It's good, but not as good as KOTOR - storyline and character development is a bit lacking. Still worth playing though, and has a couple of nice sections where you have to split your party up, forcing you to use a wider variety of characters.

Soldato
ben_j_davis said:
Its a big game and it takes a very long time to get a lightsaber. The PC version is also incredibly buggy, buts its still worth the purchase. :)

Is one of those bugs when the movement keys stop responding? I cba to sort it out and just stoped playing it atm.

Soldato
I actually thought it was a bit better than the first one, at least as far as character interactions went. Locations were a lot blander than the first one though, not nearly as starwarsy.

Associate
I've completed KOTOR 1 twice (light & Dark) and KOTOR 2 once (light) playing it through again on the Dark side now. It's very enjoyable and is driving my girlfriend mad :D

Associate
I thought the sequal was much easier than the original as you get the jedi poweres a lot earlier. The plot is not as good and the ending basically sucks.

I sold it the day after i completed it cause i was soo dissapointed. Once you get Force Lightning theres just no point playing it cause you can kill everyone in the room in a few seconds.

Incedentally i still go back to the first one. Top game.

Associate
Mundu said:
Is one of those bugs when the movement keys stop responding? I cba to sort it out and just stoped playing it atm.

What level you on?

I remember it happening to me on a level where you visit the destroyed Jedi Academy.

I was able to complete the level but with great difficulty, you just have to make sure you are facing in the right direction, its not easy but i believe this problem only occurs on one level.

A more serious bug happened when two of my other characters just disappeared and i had to try and complete a whole level with just one char.

I went to Lucas Arts website and started a thread with all the bugs listed, needless to say it was deleted after 15 minutes.

Man of Honour
ben_j_davis said:
A more serious bug happened when two of my other characters just disappeared and i had to try and complete a whole level with just one char.

Are you sure this was a bug as there are some sections of the game where you are only supposed to be controlling a single character?

Man of Honour
It's a very good game, though it's not as good as KOTOR I, but it's still a great game to play once or twice through it.

There is a mod in development to add lots of content that was scrapped after LucasArts pushed a quick release out for the game, which was a rather bad idea really.

Associate
Having not played the original KOTOR (yes, shoot me :() I can't comment on which is better.

KOTOR II, however is amazing. I thouroughly enjoyed it all the way through.

A few minor graphical bugs, but nothing really major.

I'd definitely reccommend picking it up.

Man of Honour
^The above comment highlights the way I feel about Deus Ex: IW in a way - I played it before the original, and hence didn't have any expectations for it to live up to, and so I wasn't disappointed.

raz0rr: If you think KOTOR II is amazing, I'd definitely make sure you buy KOTOR, as it's truly superb. You might have a couple of niggles due to a couple of interface enhancements being missing from the original game, but basically it's the same game, only better :)

Soldato
Love the game, not quite as good as the first but still a stunning game. Not a big Rpg fan but was hooked on the first one from the off, even caused my to buy a new x-box, if it wasn't for that game i may not have bothered when my old one broke, but it was KOTOR that made me go out first thing the next day and shell out 200 odd quid for a new one :D

Soldato
There are a lot of people who prefer KOTOR2 to the first...but I'm not one of them...

The arguement is that the storyline is deeper and more intelligently written - but I think it lacks character depth and involvement, something which is VITAL in RPG's. You need to care about your team and feel like your getting to know them.

KOTOR2 lacked this, IMO...story line was filled with plot holes too. Whether it would be a different story had it not been rushed - we'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom