motherboard without LAN

Associate
basically i need to find a motherboard WITHOUT a lan port cant seem to find one anywhere. it needs to be new aswell. obviously i cna get links to other sites so if you could just give me the model number that would be handy. thanx

Soldato
noxidjkram@hotm said:
You could buy one with, and disable it in BIOS? Same effect.

I haven't seen any modern boards without LAN ports.

M

That would be the best thing to do, or possibly physically removing it..

Soldato
I think onboard LAN is a huge benefit, and they seem to have got that so much better than onboard sound.
I can remember paying over £30 for a 3com PCI one, yet the last 2 mobos I have bought have had 2 onboard LANs.

Talk about price drop.

Just wondering what 3com make these days that is such a good money spinner.

Soldato
3com now make on board Network cards for expensive desktops and server boards saving them the hassle of even putting the chips on a card and boxing them up!

I used to make a few quid at uni out of installing and configuring Network cars for people in halls to access the internet. I brought a big box of IBM NIC's off ebay for next to nothing and flogged them on at a tidy profit plus a little bit for the install and config! No more of that with these damn built in dual gigbit Lan jobs!

Soldato
3com now make on board Network cards for expensive desktops and server boards saving them the hassle of even putting the chips on a card and boxing them up!

I have a 3com one (onboard) on my ASUS A7N8X deluxe.
I think it was the board I had before that I paid over £30 for a PCI one :(

I have about 3 in a box somewhere (PCI ones) and they are gradually getting smaller in size as the bought new ones out.

I do remember people having probs with the cheaper Realtek ones tho.
One of those stopped my mates old ASUS A7M266 from booting!

Back
Top Bottom