• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Switching VGA output during POST.

Associate
Hi Guys

Well i purchased a radeon 9700pro from the mm, with the understanding that the VGA output did not work, but the dvi output is functioning. Im using a dvi>vga converter to connect it to the monitor.

My problem is that ive installed the card in the pc it appears to post fine (no error beeps) but i cant see anything on screen as the card is trying to output to the vga port. So basically, is there a keyboard short cut that enables me to switch outputs on the gfx card while the machine is booting.

Any other solutions are appreciated.

Many Thanks

Dan

Soldato
Sounds dodgy to me mate - are you using an analogue only monitor? Can you either borrow a dvi input monitor or a dvi cable from a mate if you have digital monitor.

All the cards I have ever owned automatically sorted out which output to use on the card - yes sometimes the monitor needs to be told, but the card should sort itself out.

Can you tell us your mobo type, your monitor type and any other details you can about your rig ( and if you have tried any other video cards in the same machine successfully or not) as to me that card sounds particularly suspicious

Associate
OP
FrankJH said:
Sounds dodgy to me mate - are you using an analogue only monitor? Can you either borrow a dvi input monitor or a dvi cable from a mate if you have digital monitor.

All the cards I have ever owned automatically sorted out which output to use on the card - yes sometimes the monitor needs to be told, but the card should sort itself out.

Can you tell us your mobo type, your monitor type and any other details you can about your rig ( and if you have tried any other video cards in the same machine successfully or not) as to me that card sounds particularly suspicious

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to the seller and it may well be a fault dvi >vga connector. Only an analogue lcd im afraid, its my dads office pc that i occasionally use for a bit of eve online. The pc itself is some carp tiny one, was given to my dad.

Il update when i hear :)

Back
Top Bottom