360 storage

Soldato
Thinking about putting my 360 in a drawer now I have a wireless controller.(its just too loud and i need the space it occupies for stuff.
If I leave the power brick outside would it work or am i tempting fate with over heating. a lot of hot air comes out the back of these things, in a small drawer wouli it overheat?

Soldato
OP
thats what I thaught, but it doesnt get hot and I did this with old consoles. I know this is a different kettle of fish but I thaught it was the power brick that had the bigges problem. I could drill a few holes in the back for a bit more air area? Or is this not happening?

Soldato
Problem would be that there would be minimal air circulating around it to start with, so the danger is that it would just suck the hot air back in again.

If it works then it would be worth it, but I would be reluctant to try it.

Associate
Drawer = BAAD

Unless of course you mod the drawers and add some nice fans and create a good air circulation, maybe some cardboard partitions to direct the airflow?? :p

/me gets the dremel and attacks the sock drawer.

Associate
If you're gonna do it you might as well do it right and buy 2 cheap PC fans from ****** and make 2 holes in the back of the drawer. Have one fan pulling air out and one fan blowing air in.

Soldato
Unless you mod the drawer with intake and exaust fans then it will definatly overheat the console. Its a tri core cpu and a 48 pipeline GPU, it puts out around 200w of heat! Its soooooo much hotter than older consoles.

Back
Top Bottom