Hard Drive Additions @ OcUK

Soldato
OP
smids said:
Bring on the 7200.9's :D - any news on the MAxtor DiamondMax 11's?

More 7200.9's arriving Wednesday. :D We have the DiamondMax 11 500GB in PATA & SATA-II and the 400GB SATA-II's arriving tomorrow. :)

mosfet said:
What's with the new 80 gig drive? I thought drives smaller than 120 were basically EOL now...

Maxtor are continuing with the 40 & 80GB drives. Only 120GB by Samsung and Maxtor are going end of life. WD is a little unknown at the minute but I have a meeting with them tomorrow so will know more then. :cool:

Associate
ajgoodfellow said:
It's handy when building cheap office type PCs - even 80GB is way too much, often 20GB is sufficient!

Even if it's only £5 cheaper per drive, when kitting out an office this leads to big savings

Who fits out an office with components bought from a high-performanced geared website?

Most companies would buy up EOL stock at reduced prices, there's millions of units of 20-80 gig drives left, I don't see the point of bringing out yet another model.

Soldato
Fair point. Sometimes you don't need a lot of space - I've only got one 74GB Raptor in my system and I find that it's plenty for what I need. In this case I'd like a faster drive (hence the new model) but don't want to pay for space that I don't need

Back
Top Bottom