Are hard drives avaliable?

Soldato
There arent even that many memory cards available either

Thats the most frustrating thing, M$ could have easily implemented the use of usb keys to keep their early implementers happy after obvious short supply of hdd etc ( and this could have been taken out at a later date by a ROM update of somekind)?

Obviously this would have stopped people buying a 360 memory card, and probably bought another game instead ( so no real loss for m$)

just my opinion

Associate
guys, buy a cheap laptop drive and follow the instructions on numerous sites out there, it's VERY easy to do, as far as i know it's not illegal, but would probably invalidate your warranty. It'd save you LOTS of money though and you could get a bigger drive space.

Permabanned
Maniac618 said:
guys, buy a cheap laptop drive and follow the instructions on numerous sites out there, it's VERY easy to do, as far as i know it's not illegal, but would probably invalidate your warranty. It'd save you LOTS of money though and you could get a bigger drive space.

Ummm...as far as 'm aware doing that will just give you a USB mass storage device that you can't use for game saves, live profiles or marketplace downloads. Pretty pointless.

Associate
JimmyEatWorms said:
Ummm...as far as 'm aware doing that will just give you a USB mass storage device that you can't use for game saves, live profiles or marketplace downloads. Pretty pointless.

nah, you're thinking of the simple usb connecting way, The way I've seen includes connecting via usb and then via one of those drive cable things, can't remember what they're called.

Soldato
FrankJH said:
There arent even that many memory cards available either

Thats the most frustrating thing, M$ could have easily implemented the use of usb keys to keep their early implementers happy after obvious short supply of hdd etc ( and this could have been taken out at a later date by a ROM update of somekind)?

Obviously this would have stopped people buying a 360 memory card, and probably bought another game instead ( so no real loss for m$)

just my opinion

unfortauntely if they did that they wouldnt get their money, plus this is microsoft were talking about here, anyway, memory cards in berkshire area are not a problem to get hold of, its just the HDs and VGA cables that are the hard ones to get

Caporegime
Maniac618 said:

Hows it gona save you lots of money though if it invalidates your warranty, if your 360 goes **** up your gona be £280 down the pan, is it gona save you that much. :)

Back
Top Bottom