• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI X1900's arrive & NVIDIA 512MB GTX too!!

Associate
IF AWPC got a confirmation of shipping for the same card, when he ordered it today and I ordered it 2 weeks ago. I'd say I got their first.... And I don't want to switch my order to a BFG because I will have to pay an extra £35 as I only paid £480 for the XFX.

Can you confirm that I will defintely get one in the back-order processing at the end of the week as, even though your pre-ordering is great, there are a few places I know will have some by then.

Associate
Gibbo...what do you mean when you say ATi have gone with slower memory.....pics. on the net show cards have 1.1ns ram.....is the shipping product different ????

OcUK Staff
OP
Eliminos said:
IF AWPC got a confirmation of shipping for the same card, when he ordered it today and I ordered it 2 weeks ago. I'd say I got their first.... And I don't want to switch my order to a BFG because I will have to pay an extra £35 as I only paid £480 for the XFX.

Can you confirm that I will defintely get one in the back-order processing at the end of the week as, even though your pre-ordering is great, there are a few places I know will have some by then.

He bought the standard slower clocked XFX card. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Bito said:
Gibbo...what do you mean when you say ATi have gone with slower memory.....pics. on the net show cards have 1.1ns ram.....is the shipping product different ????

Shall have to check this out. Also if they are using 1.1ns memory on all the X1900 it would seem ATI are playing a safe game with the memory speeds.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Your referring to the overclocked XFX cards, unfortunately your order would not have shipped as we ship on a first come served basis but hopefully your order will ship out when the next lot of XFX cards come in which should be end of this week. Or alternatively change your order over to an X1900 or BFG card as those are both arriving this week.

I thought Gibbo answered that in post 35

OcUK Staff
OP
Eliminos said:
So how many cards are coming and how many pre-orders have you got to ship?

Eg. Will I get my card with this shipment?

OK you seem to be getting confused, let me clarify for you.

Today OcUK recieved shipments off:-

X1900 cards
XFX 7800 GTX 512MB XXX Edition (overclocked)
XFX 7800 GTX 512MB STD Edition (Not overclocked)

OcUK has many backorders on for the XXX Overclocked edition which is I believe what you ordered on January 10th and if so we did not recieve enough stock to ship your backorder as the orders dated back from early December. The next batch of XXX overclocked editions is due end of this week and hopefully we will get enough to ship your order.....

The XFX 7800 GTX non overclocked is in stock and is the card which AWPC ordered and as such his order has shipped.

If you need a high-end card sooner send a webnote or call sales (9am-5pm) to change your order as X1900's are in stock as are the XFX 512MB NON-overclocked GTX cards. :)

Associate
Ok, thanks.

The one thing I'm worrying about is not getting a 512GTX at all. This is going to be the last shipment (or at least for a while) so I want to get one soon.

I don't really fancy an x1900 (for reasons I'm not going into) but considering I have a 580MHz one on pre-order and have a chance of [or I am definitely, I'm not sure] getting it, then I'm prepared to wait the week or two to get that card.

As I said, the one thing I'm worried about is not getting one at all because I can see these selling out very very fast. So can you tell me if the stock you are due is greater than the ammount of pre-orders left to ship?

(this is of course purely talking about the XFX OCed [580MHz] 512MB 7800GTXs)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Shall have to check this out. Also if they are using 1.1ns memory on all the X1900 it would seem ATI are playing a safe game with the memory speeds.

1.2ns is what most should ship with.

Permabanned
I need a new mobo for this card as I am still on AGP and I wanted the R850. I might just get the current DFI model if it is March.

OcUK Staff
OP
Eliminos said:
Thats exactly why I want to know if its for definite that I will get one of the ones I pre-ordered.

Yes you should but if you want to be 100% sure change your order over to the BFG model as we have plenty due this week, enough to cover all backorders and lots left over. The BFG is also quicker than the XFX model and has a lifetime warranty. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
iamgud said:
I need a new mobo for this card as I am still on AGP and I wanted the R850. I might just get the current DFI model if it is March.

Noooooooooooo avoid the DFI Crossfire board, it maybe expensive and look good on paper but is rubbish. The far cheaper Asus board is a lot faster and more stable board. :)

Associate
Gibbo said:
Yes you should but if you want to be 100% sure change your order over to the BFG model as we have plenty due this week, enough to cover all backorders and lots left over. The BFG is also quicker than the XFX model and has a lifetime warranty. :)

I'll take it I will have to pay the full £516 and not the £480 that I paid for the XFX.

If thats the case [with the better chance of getting one] I guess I'll have to do it as I'm going away for a week on Friday and therefore won't be able to change my order if the XFX doesn't ship.

Soldato
Thanks for the note Gibbo.

I take it the NDA expires around 2pm tomorrow. I got an email this morning saying that another online retailer would have the X1900's in and on thier website for sale tomorrow at 2pm.

Any news about getting the X1900 XL cards in stock soon Gibbo?

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Noooooooooooo avoid the DFI Crossfire board, it maybe expensive and look good on paper but is rubbish. The far cheaper Asus board is a lot faster and more stable board. :)

Yup he speaketh the truth, i bought one :mad: , getting rid as soon as RD580 boards are here, and going for the Asus board, as if its anything like the one out now, it should be a stonking board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would seriously advise anyone thinking of getting a 7800GTX512 to order or pre-order whatever one you can get from OCUK ASAP (some of the other e-tailers tell you the card is in stock then after you have provided your credit card details and sometimes they have even charged it find out that it is not instock but needs pre-ordering).

The demand is most likely gonna outstrip the supply again.

There is something like 24000+ worldwide users who want one. The UK is only getting 2000 so you can imagine that there are a lot more buyers than cards. In Nov the first batch sold out almost everywhere within a week this time it will probably be the same story again (X1900 may mean it takes a little longer as that is a good alternative).

Friend of mine went into a few shops in Tottenham Court Road @ lunchtime today as he knew they had GTX512's in stock. All were gone a few hours later when he went back to try and negotiate the price after doing a web check.

The prices were OTT(deep breath) £650 for an Evga 7800GTX512 (not the black pearl limited edition just the std 512 which usually sells on the web for £530ish).

£725 for an Asus 7800GT Dual (can be picked up for £586 on the web).

The XFX7800GTX512 (same one OCUK has instock) went for £625. So as you can see they are selling out quickly even if the price in the retail shops is OTT & People will pay it as the demand is there.

The real world difference between a GTX512 & GTX512OC or XXX edition is minimal @ best. Yes it is a little faster & the absolute best etc etc but hello reality check anyone.

Std GTX512 OC-XXX GTX512
54.4GB 56GB Fillrate
13.20 Mem Bandwidth on both
1.7Ghz 1.73-1.75Ghz Memory speed

No-way anyone can notice the gaming difference outside of an artifical benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom