My Install (CarPC and all )

Soldato
http://www.dashboardmonkey.com/blog/stinky

i have finally started the install after a troublsome week this has been what i can stress out and knuckle down to.

please post your thoughts :)

DSC00055.jpg

thats as far as i am atm :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thats it so far.

i dont have an amp. or any subs atm lol. so i cant really do much else. hense why i am trying to sell my digi cam for some money ;)

dont no if you read the blog. but planning to put the subs each side of the PC then the amp in front

Man of Honour
Yeah I saw that. You're not going to have much boot space left :p

You getting the screen and everything else mounted inside? That wood looks really neat I have to say. Wont it rattle a bit though with heavy bass?

Soldato
Freefaller said:
You getting the screen and everything else mounted inside? That wood looks really neat I have to say. Wont it rattle a bit though with heavy bass

bass.

/grammar nazi :p

where are you going to be running all the wiring? is some of it going to be in with the loom?

Soldato
OP
the pc audio runs through the amp. there is enough room behind that back peice of wood for a lot of wire. the battery cable from amp to battery will be run under the rear seats then either under the carpet or behind the rear qauter then over the top of the door inside the cars body work. should then come out behind the dash i am hoping.

any ideas on that?? it should rattle once i have it all in place. and once it is all carpetted in black

Soldato
OP
got you now on the fish front.

dont suppose anyone knows much about the interior of a 306?? 3 door? wondering how hard it would be to run my amp cables through the car body. above the door mainly

Soldato
MaXXeH said:
lol remember how a hdd works, next to a sub = dead hdd in no time!
Many people on the Digital Car and MP3Car forums have been running hard drives next to subs for a very long time with no ill effects.

It's usually user error that kills a drive in a car ;)

As for the M1-ATX cables, the 3 power cables are basically spade connectors - available from any place that sells electrical parts. The pwr-on cable may be a little more difficult to source.

Garry

Back
Top Bottom