Modest Mouse, The 88, Spoon...

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Anyone know of them/like them/have an opinion/know of anything similar?

Been watching The OC recently and quite a bit of the music is pretty good. Bought Good News for People Who Love Bad News (Modest Mouse) and think it's a very strong album from quite a unique sounding band.

Purchased The 88 and Spoon but still waiting for them to arrive. The 88 - The Way We Get By (single on iTunes) is a very good track which i did download.

Anyone know of anything similar? You can listen to them all on iTunes if you want.

Associate
If you like MM, get The Moon And Antarctica. It's better than GNFPWLBN. Spoon are ace.

Oh and btw, The Way We Get By is a Spoon song, not 88.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
OP
That's cool. Ordered from the US so it's taking it's time.

And don't take this the wrong way Carzy but...

...after reading this forum quite a bit and doing some searches, you must own half the music in existence, so if you say a band is overrated they're probably fantastic to me :p

Soldato
Jet said:
That's cool. Ordered from the US so it's taking it's time.

And don't take this the wrong way Carzy but...

...after reading this forum quite a bit and doing some searches, you must own half the music in existence, so if you say a band is overrated they're probably fantastic to me :p

Hahahaha, I listen to a fair bit of music yes :p

Suspended
Carzy said:
Modest Mouse are massively overrated but not that bad.
This depends on in which sense we're using the word 'rated' but I'd say that Modest Mouse are massively underrated! They certainly deserve much more press than they receive - especially with such fantastic albums as The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon and Antarctica.

Spoon are pretty awesome too, and their newest album (2005?) is damn tasty. Their singles always seem to be much stronger than their album tracks though, which saddens me slightly.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Carzy said:
Modest Mouse are massively overrated but not that bad.

i've never heard of them. i'm assuming that by "overrated" you mean that you know someone who loves them, but you dont like them.

Soldato
Sic said:
i've never heard of them. i'm assuming that by "overrated" you mean that you know someone who loves them, but you dont like them.

Na, Pitchfork loves them, and indie kids love them, but I don't think much of them myself.

Suspended
Sic said:
You laugh, but I know a guy who once told me that City of Caterpillar were overrated. Seriously, what? There are probably less than 10,000 people who've heard of them.

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
You laugh, but I know a guy who once told me that City of Caterpillar were overrated. Seriously, what? There are probably less than 10,000 people who've heard of them.

Haha :D

Modest Mouse are quite famous though :p

Suspended
I guess it depends on whether you mean "overrated by people who are into music" or "overrated by everyone". The Beatles and Radiohead are definitely overrated - they're good, but they're not so much better than other bands as to deserve such a massive slice of our collective listening time! Modest Mouse are less so. Even if they are, though, I reckon they deserve it. It's only since their last album that they've been known in any meaningful sense of the word, and they've gone through years and years of nobody knowing who they are. Well played them!

Back
Top Bottom