Militia map released for CS Source

Man of Honour
I remember some great public and pcw games on militia, such a good old skool map.

Not played the new version yet, but will do at some point this weekend :)

Man of Honour
Doubt they'd do Oilrig, as they'd have to code a brand new gametype in (Though doubt it would be that hard).

I'd like to see a Vegas, as that would be very pretty.

Man of Honour
Had a quick game this morning. Visually it's extremely impressive, and it didn't really affect fps as much as people have stated.

I would really like to see oilrig remade, as it's one of my top 3 all time maps :p I remember towards the end of playing 1.6, I played in a proper pcw on it.. was somewhat surreal :D

Man of Honour
Duke said:
Had a quick game this morning. Visually it's extremely impressive, and it didn't really affect fps as much as people have stated.

I would really like to see oilrig remade, as it's one of my top 3 all time maps :p I remember towards the end of playing 1.6, I played in a proper pcw on it.. was somewhat surreal :D

back in the old days where Terrorists used to be able to move hostages freely, we had a great tactic of moving all the hostages down into the sewers and holding off there. Annoyed quite a few teams, but worked a treat.

Ah the days of being top of the comedy ladder called the ED CS Ladder :p

Associate
Can this map be d/l without being connected to steam? it's just im using it at uni, and the network wont allow connections to steam, but I can play in offline mode. I'd quite like to take a look at this map, as i really enjoyed playing on it back in the good old days!

Soldato
retrac2k said:
Can this map be d/l without being connected to steam? it's just im using it at uni, and the network wont allow connections to steam, but I can play in offline mode. I'd quite like to take a look at this map, as i really enjoyed playing on it back in the good old days!

I would think you would be able to aquire it if you can find a site hosting the map and the textures and whatnot.

But I doubt a site would have the files you need.

Man of Honour
retrac2k said:

You'd have to get a copy of the .gcf files or ideally an entire CS:S backup file that were updated in the last update... so not very easy unless you know somebody with the correct connection + DVD writer / external HDD. Have to find a mate with the latest files all available, but then have no guarantee that Steam would recognise them as 100% offline files.

regimentaldj said:
I thought the general consensus by the community, was deny it ever existed :p

Yeah, it was a pretty stupid ladder, but we did it for a laugh, and gave our lesser skilled players a chance to play fun matches :)

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I don't get though. The original CSS maps were almost identical to the originals in every aspect. That is, nearly 100% identical.

These new released maps differ a lot to the originals. Why? Why change great maps so much that they just aren't great any more?

What is the point of releasing a map, calling it "cs_militia", only it obviously is not militia?

Man of Honour
Killerkebab said:
One thing I don't get though. The original CSS maps were almost identical to the originals in every aspect. That is, nearly 100% identical.

These new released maps differ a lot to the originals. Why? Why change great maps so much that they just aren't great any more?

What is the point of releasing a map, calling it "cs_militia", only it obviously is not militia?

At a guess, as originally valve had said CS:S would be a conversion of CS1.6 to the Source engine, the maps were all generally re-done with the same layouts etc, just made a LOT prettier.

I think they're now getting 3rd party/different map makers to do rehash/reinvention of older maps, and try and improve on the good/bad bits about the maps, with various results.

Man of Honour
DaveyD said:
back in the old days where Terrorists used to be able to move hostages freely, we had a great tactic of moving all the hostages down into the sewers and holding off there. Annoyed quite a few teams, but worked a treat.

Ah the days of being top of the comedy ladder called the ED CS Ladder :p
No no re-read.. a pcw on oilrig!! not militia (did loads of those :))

:D

Soldato
DaveyD said:
I think they're now getting 3rd party/different map makers to do rehash/reinvention of older maps, and try and improve on the good/bad bits about the maps, with various results.

There is nothing "various" about the results.

All of the remakes were bad.

Associate
As mentioned nice looking map, unbalanced in favour of Ts.

Valve need to sort the hostage AI out its terrible. Haven't found the turd - but it might be killing the fish at CT spawn.

Back
Top Bottom