Donnington, Trackday - 26th Feb

Associate
Hi :)

I did a trackday at Donnington back in October I think it was. Will try and host my video later as I had a camera mounted in the car.
Its pretty hard on your left tyres though and I needed new front pads afterwards!

Caporegime
merlin said:
Come on Si, join in and show me how it's done. ;)

Going skiing next week so will have to see how funds are. Think I'll be ok, there is the small fact that my car is still in pieces :p

Donnington a great track though, really nice to drive.

Soldato
I am very intrested. I might be merging it with an Alfa trackday I am organizing.

I just need to find out exactly the costs, for example helmet hire...

Soldato
Merlin, How much would trackday insurance be?

(I have settled a payment and bought the mondeo back btw :), still getting back ache though, apparently it's normal from this sort of accident so proceeding with a claim on that)

Soldato
OP
Good. :)

About £100 I guess for trackday ins. It's value rated I think though so you may get it for less. Not really my forte so I'm only guessing.

Soldato
Have you been on a track before Dan and Ian?

If I don't have any spare money this time next month I may come along anyway, passenger laps anyone? ;)

I may be able to borrow my friends motorbike helmet.

Last edited:
Associate
The last trackday I did two cars got totalled. A Clio RSi and a 106 GTi. I didn't bother with track insurance but after seeing their cars smashed up I was a little worried. I actually saw the 106Gti crash at Donnington, there was an instructor in the car at the time and the guy ran wide at the 'S' bend before the pit straight, hit the grass and lifted off which caused him to lose the back end.
Next time I do a track day I will be getting insurance for peace of mind at least :)

Soldato
P1000427%20(Medium).JPG

MR2 Turbo

Soldato
Tesla said:
Have you been on a track before Dan and Ian?

If I don't have any spare money this time next month I may come along anyway, passenger laps anyone? ;)

I may be able to borrow my friends motorbike helmet.

No I haven't. Needless to say I won't be going crazy, infact I might spectate.

I will get a quote for insurance, I think its probably wise ;)

I am suprised Mr Dangly hasn't replied yet:D

Back
Top Bottom