How do I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon?

Soldato
No biggy really but it's an icon that i never use and want to remove from my icon on the bottom right of my start bar. I like to keep things as clean as possible.

I have found no boxes to untick and generally no place to remove this icon.

Does anyone know how i can do this please? And if it's not possible, oh well eh, will just have to live with it!

Cheers

Associate
If you right click on the start button, choose properties, then taskbar - you can hide inactive icons - is that what you're after?

Soldato
OP
zobby said:
If you right click on the start button, choose properties, then taskbar - you can hide inactive icons - is that what you're after?

Hmm not really as then it hides other icons i don't want hidden >.<

Thanks anyways.

Soldato
HangTime said:
Yeah go into that option, but instead of clicking hide inactive icons, click customise and set the "safely remove hardware" item to "always hide"

You have to click hide inactive icons to enable the customise button >.<

Permabanned
HangTime said:
Yeah go into that option, but instead of clicking hide inactive icons, click customise and set the "safely remove hardware" item to "always hide"

Thats no good as you then get the annoying << icon which means you have only gained a tiny amount of space on the taskbar :(

Their is a shareware program that removes it, we need some clever dude to reverse it and see what it does ;)

http://www.safelyremove.com/

Associate
If I remember correctly, there is something to do with caching and delayed-write that you have to disable in order to avoid getting the Safely Remove button when plugging in external storage devices.

Back
Top Bottom