The ulimate silent fan mounting

Associate
While ago i posted to see if anyone else had problems with the front intake fan on the eclipse 62 case. I found that the front fan (akasa ultra quiet 120mm) caused severe vibrational noise that really bugged me. Tried rubber fan mounts and even zip ties as well but didn't help. Someone suggested rubber screws but never found any so never tried it. Have now tried putting outdoor designed "sticky fixes" at each corner of the fan. Its now silent. Did it with the rear fan as well. Now when turn my fans down on fan controller the comp is completely silent when over 1m away from case.

Associate
Hi. I want to get an Eclipse aswell, but I am still on the fence yet , as I can't make my mind up between this and the stacker. So was hoping that you could awnser some of my questions. I would like to know what you mean by "sticky fixes"? Could you explain more about how you fixed the resonance please? I want to know as I if buy the Aksasa , i would want to be able to fix it straight away if it vibrates. Also would you still recommend this case to me aftering owning it? How well does it cool? Also do you think it's a better choice than the stacker, if cooling , ease of use and silence are my priorities?

Associate
I think he means "sticky patches" - you know, double sided sticky patches with a bit of foam in the middle. "A thousand and one uses around the home....." Sellotape make them - amoungst others I'm sure.

I found a couple included with the Zalman fan I bout recently to attach the little controler to the side of the computer case.

Associate
OP
TonyM16 said:
Hi. I want to get an Eclipse aswell, but I am still on the fence yet , as I can't make my mind up between this and the stacker. So was hoping that you could awnser some of my questions. I would like to know what you mean by "sticky fixes"? Could you explain more about how you fixed the resonance please? I want to know as I if buy the Aksasa , i would want to be able to fix it straight away if it vibrates. Also would you still recommend this case to me aftering owning it? How well does it cool? Also do you think it's a better choice than the stacker, if cooling , ease of use and silence are my priorities?

They are those double sided things with the foam in the middle. I found the case excelent. Only problem can think of is the front panel led's are so bright and make too much light in my room when trying to sleep (i fixed it by putting one layer of duck tape over the led and its now more of a normal brightness). I think it was more to do with the motor speed of the fan moving at the resonant frequency of the metal of the case causing the noise. The stickyfixes helped loads though. The case has great cooling and think i'll stick with it for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom