Region 3 DVD's

Associate
Just a quick question that's been puzzling me...

Why are Region 3 DVD releases of movies so much better than the junk the UK & sometimes th US get???

I've just ordered the Region 3 Ultimate Edition of Sin City, which comes on 3 dicsc :eek:

Disc 1 - Recut & Extended version
Disc 2 - Theatrical release
Disc 3 - Tons & tons of extras

I cant see us ever getting it & the US arent slated for a release either.

I'm beginning to think now that the bulk of my purchases will be R3 releases over the R1 & R2 offerings seeing as there is so much available there that will take forever to get here & in much better releases as well...Sympathy for Lady Vengance 2 Disc Korean edition & Initial D The Movie Ltd Edition box have been ordered as well today as they are already out over there.

So is there any reason why their releases are so much better?
And who else gets them?

Neil

Soldato
I've a number od R3 discs!... you can also usualy find em realy dirt cheap too for the specials!...

Hong Kong also has a lot of 'Superbit' discs and most seem to have DTS 6.1 sound on em too!...

Check my Sig for my collection!... I'm always snooping on CDwow for more R3 stuff!!...

Soldato
Never had a problem!... My Panic Room (Superbit), Sahara, Dog Soldiers and Hell Boy Discs Look Fantastic (ok upscaled to 720p) where my mate has All the above on either R2 or R1 and they look shocking on the same settings and have scenes/extras missing!!!...

Soldato
From what I know R3 releases are well cheap because piracy is rife in Asia so I suppose film companies throw as many carrots to people on their DVD's to stop them buying it from the market!

Brought quite a few from cd wow and most of them are no different to the R2 ones. If you've got a multi region player they are a bargain buy (normally £9.99 for new releases!)

Caporegime
It's the same with CDs, Japanese versions always seem to include half a ton of bonus tracks and extra discs. Doing it to beat piracy makes sense, why can't we have those sort of releases though :p

Associate
OP
Caged said:
It's the same with CDs, Japanese versions always seem to include half a ton of bonus tracks and extra discs. Doing it to beat piracy makes sense, why can't we have those sort of releases though :p

Could you imagine the extra cost though they'd stitch us with??? :( :(

Think I will deffinitley keep more of an eye on R3 releases in future now though after the few bargains I've just got :D

Neil

Back
Top Bottom