• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX GeForce 6800 GS Extreme XXX Edition 256MB (PCI-E)

Associate
After looking at reviews on this card and how it comes OCed quite a lot out of the box (plus that it can be OCed even more) - would you say this was the best 'bang for buck' at this price range?

I've always had Nvidia cards, and was wondering if there is an ATI equivelant for around the same price/cheaper that would do the job just as well or better?

Soldato
I'd just go for the OCUK one at the lower price, you're not guaranteed that the XFX one would clock higher than other cards, just that it comes at the pre-overclocked speeds.
Most GS cards I have seen on here are over 500 on the core and can get way over 1.1ghz on the mem. :D

Soldato
Ive got the 6800GS XXX card just now, it is a blinding card for the money, but i only paid just over £130 for it in a promotion when i bought it. It dosent really overclock that much past the stock speed though, 520/1250 - and gives me close to 14k 3dmarks 2003, and just over 6000.

Associate
OP
Emlyn_Dewar said:
I'd just go for the OCUK one at the lower price, you're not guaranteed that the XFX one would clock higher than other cards, just that it comes at the pre-overclocked speeds.
Most GS cards I have seen on here are over 500 on the core and can get way over 1.1ghz on the mem. :D

Is this on stock cooling as well? :)

If I can pump out that much extra performance with ease, then I may go for it :) I assume temps aren't crazy high as well?

OcUK Staff
Jameslee said:
Is this on stock cooling as well? :)

If I can pump out that much extra performance with ease, then I may go for it :) I assume temps aren't crazy high as well?

They all use the same coolers, the 6800 GS PCI-Express has a very overclockable core and as such they all overclock really well. :D

Soldato
I ordered a leadtek one before the ocuk one was available, I'm on stock cooling at 500/1.16. It goes to 535/1.2something on coolbits autodetect but it wasn't liking that after repeadted 3DM05 tests.
Have a search as there have been a few people with much higher overclocks using OCUK cards.

Back
Top Bottom