A few from Dorset at the weekend

Associate
A selection of the shots I got last weekend on the Dorset coast. I got really lucky with the weather with sunshune on both days. As always comments and criticism welcome.

Chesil Beach from Portland
view%20over%20chesil%20beach.jpg

Portland Bill Lighthouse
portland%20bill%20lighthouse.jpg

And again
Portland%20scrub.jpg

Obligatory slow shutter speed sea shot
rock%20wash.jpg

more to follow...

Associate
OP
Finally a few at dawn at West Bay near Bridport

not technically the best but better than any other gull shots I tried to take. I never realised exactly how difficult it is to take shots of moving birds. I take my hat off to those that get them sharp.
West%20Bay%20Seagulls.jpg

Another slow shutter speed rock shot. The light was a lot lower so this was much easier to capture. Didn't even have to resort to the ND filter for this one.
rock%20wash2.jpg

Finally I think my favourite of the weekend. I was absoilutely freezing by this point at around -1 with no gloves. I could barely feel the button to take the shot.
west%20bay%20boat.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nice, the first ones you cant name are Durdle Door, firstly looking over Man O War and then @ durdle dar its self.

The other one you are unsure of is indeed lulworth cove, however its not a pic of the cove its self, its of stair hole which is to the west of lulworth by about 250 yards! :)

Associate
OP
Slime101 said:
Nice, the first ones you cant name are Durdle Door, firstly looking over Man O War and then @ durdle dar its self.

The other one you are unsure of is indeed lulworth cove, however its not a pic of the cove its self, its of stair hole which is to the west of lulworth by about 250 yards! :)

Thanks, now updated.

Associate
some great shots there mate, gotta agree with dod about the lighthouse shot, it really caught my eye when i was looking at them.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the comments guys.

THE BEAST said:
i think No1 & No2 are spoiled by the people in them. But there all nice really.

Yep, you have a point. I kept them in the shot on purpose to give it a bit of scale but looking again it doesn't really need it.

Associate
Personally mate i really like them all. They are all different (photographically) and each i find really interesting. I cant see anything wrong with them technically. Good work mate. :)

Back
Top Bottom