• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opteron 165 and DFI Lanparty

Associate
Hi all, Ive just found a place with Opteron 165 in stock before I buy i need some advice. I'm on a 3.2 Northwood Overclocked at the mo I've got a 6800U so don't really want to or can't afford to switch to PCI-E just yet, so I'm considering the DFI Lanparty NF3, Has anyone on here had any experience with these chips and board combo. I've read somewere that people are running them on the NF4 Chipsets but not on the NF3 is this true?

Also if there is any better boards that have AGP that run these babies let me know coz I'm hovering over the Buy buttom as we speak.

Permabanned
I would second Easyrider for the ASRock as well. See here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17457881 you should work out from the number of posts that it's quite popular and rightly so.

Cracking motherboard for the price. Could do with a few more voltage options out of the box to make it an overclockers dream but these are easily circumvented.

Even has a AM2 slot for AMD's next CPU!

Associate
OP
Sort of leaning towards the Lanparty all the options seem to be a overclockers wet dream plus the board layout seems to better for my watercooling setup, If there is anyone with major gripes with this board please let me know.

Associate
OP
Are you overclocking it? I might need you advice when i get it, Its my first AMD since Xp 1800 I've been intel since then. Not much to overclock them just push the FSB up then tweak the Vcore.

Associate
Clockaholic said:
Hi all, Ive just found a place with Opteron 165 in stock before I buy i need some advice. I'm on a 3.2 Northwood Overclocked at the mo I've got a 6800U so don't really want to or can't afford to switch to PCI-E just yet, so I'm considering the DFI Lanparty NF3, Has anyone on here had any experience with these chips and board combo. I've read somewere that people are running them on the NF4 Chipsets but not on the NF3 is this true?

Also if there is any better boards that have AGP that run these babies let me know coz I'm hovering over the Buy buttom as we speak.

Email where you got that opty from please mate. [email protected] Thanks,

Associate
OP
I've just checked the website were I purchased it now out of stock, but still got 170's in.
Message from city link parcel tracker 'The collection branch has received your instructions and a driver has been scheduled to make the collection' expected delivery 25/01/06 fingers crossed.

Soldato
Clockaholic said:
I've just checked the website were I purchased it now out of stock, but still got 170's in.
Message from city link parcel tracker 'The collection branch has received your instructions and a driver has been scheduled to make the collection' expected delivery 25/01/06 fingers crossed.

It should get there tomorrow, mine arrived today ;)

Going to have a play :D

Back
Top Bottom