Henry off to Barce!

Soldato
Newspaper reports in Spain say that Henry has verbally agreed to join Barcelona in July. Just heard it on talkSport.

I'll have a trawl online to try and find something rock solid.

edit//

A very rough translation on what has appeared on http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=274793&idseccio_PK=803&h=

'Henry already has agreed al Barça. The forward one French is tied verbally and they exist, in these moments, 90 percent of possibilities that be the acquisition star for the next season. Neither the club blaugrana neither the player, evidently, they are going to confirm in these moments the agreement, because the scorer has contract in vigor with the Arsenal, but Henry already has decided to abandon the English, in which military assembly during the last seven seasons.

Rijkaard has been one of the responsible for explaining him to Henry the sports project (to see SPORTS of June 21, 2005). The technician and the French player maintain a narrow relation of friendship, that was forged between 1995 and 1998, when both coincided living in Monaco: Henry, like the footballer of the team of the Principality, and Rijkaard as footballer recently withdrawn of the Ajax. The contacts have followed through the years and they have intensified in recent months already with a very clear interest: to convince him that al came Barça. '

Last edited:
Soldato
Mmmmmm. Re-election time at Barca, says it all really. So he's verablly agreed to join a club whilst under contract to another club, and has stated his desire to stay at Arsenal. I smell ********.

How did Vieira do whilst at Real.....

Ah, Sport.es, what Marca is to Real. Barca's mouth piece whilst dealing in transfers.

Soldato
OP
Gooner14 said:
Mmmmmm. Re-election time at Barca, says it all really. So he's verablly agreed to join a club whilst under contract to another club, and has stated his desire to stay at Arsenal. I smell ********.

How did Vieira do whilst at Real.....

Ah, Sport.es, what Marca is to Real. Barca's mouth piece whilst dealing in transfers.

I'm only posting what i heard on the radio. Most likely bull as you say.

Apparently this Catalan newspaper is one that Rijkaard does talk to.

Caporegime
I wouldn't discard it anyway, Henry doesn't look at all interested in Arsenal.

Also, why not just sign the contract... he's had it offered to him for months.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
I wouldn't discard it anyway, Henry doesn't look at all interested in Arsenal.

Also, why not just sign the contract... he's had it offered to him for months.

Like the awesome performance he put in only last week against Boro. He hasn't had a contract offer :confused: Talks only started this week.

Caporegime
Oh wow... Middlesbrough.
(actually I shouldn't say that... but living here I sort of get away with it).

He has had contracts offered several times aswell, he's made no effort to get the 'saga' out of the way. He looked lacksidasical against us a couple of weeks back.

He's a phenomenal striker, but now may be the best time to get a monster transfer fee, especially with the impending stadia release, money for more transfers would be ideal. You need lots of players in different positions, £35-£50m would be perfect.

Associate
Its only natural for Henry and his agent to tout him about other big clubs just to gather interest and offers, he can then take them back to Arsenal and say well thats what am worth, its a negotiating ploy during his current contract talks.

Ever wonder how the Owen situation turned out the way it did? Owen & his agent were going to big clubs in Spain and offering his services, funny thing is Rafa found out via Madrid and told Owen where to go, either sign for us or go now.

The exact same thing is happening with Henry and it happens with every big player, it was the same with Gerrard in the summer, Madrid found out via his agent that he was wanting a move away, they put in an offer, Chelsea quickly followed and this was all while the player still has 2 years left on his Liverpool contract.

You can all think what you like about Henry but he is just another footballer and money is a major determining factor for them, just look at the players that have joined Chelsea and sat on the bench, it wasn't for football it was for money simple as that.

Either Barca offer Henry better personal terms than Arsenal, otherwise he will more than likely stay at Highbury for a season or more yet just to see in the new stadium then go off next summer or finish his playing career at Barca or some other big spanish club.

Soldato
He's not had any contract offer.

At the start of the season he said he would discuss it at the end of the season, he recently said he would stay and start to look at discussing it, which he did last week.

Henry doesn't play well in a 4-5-1, hence some poor performances.

I don't think we would get anything near that amount, £10-15m maximum. He would only go in the summer, and then you would be able to get him on a free in 12 months. Money isn't a problem at Arsenal, as the press would try to make people believe, otherwise we wouldn't of just spent £14m. I don't think we need lots of players, perhaps just, 1 or 2 defenders.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:

At the start of the season he said he would discuss it at the end of the season, he recently said he would stay and start to look at discussing it, which he did last week.

I don't think we would get anything near that amount, £10-15m maximum. He would only go in the summer, and then you would be able to get him on a free in 12 months. Money isn't a problem at Arsenal, as the press would try to make people believe, otherwise we wouldn't of just spent £14m. I don't think we need lots of players, perhaps just, 1 or 2 defenders.

If you are selling Henry I will have him for Liverpool for 15mill and throw in Cisse for free. Am also prepared to chuck in Kewell :D

Caporegime
Gooner14 said:

What about a keeper, 2 central midfielders and possibly another striker?

Soldato
I don't see the need for a keeper. Jens has been in awesome form this season. We have just signed a new CM, so that makes 4 CM. We have also just signed another Striker, so that makes 4 first choice forwards this season. We also have 2 awesome youth prospects who score for fun in the reserves.

Soldato
Personally I think its quite touch and go whether Henry leaves Arsenal. He's at his peak of his ability at the minute and slowly approaching 30. During the World Cup, he'll be talking to players from all around the world no doubt who play for the biggest teams in Europe, he may be tempted to leave Arsenal...

Wenger will not be far behind him if he does go though.

Soldato
OP
Maybe being booed by some Arsenal fans on Saturday made his mind up!?

As a football fan, it would be sad to see him go. The league would be worse off without Henry playing in it.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
I can't understand why people seem to think Wenger will leave if Henry goes? Did they say the same when Vieira left?

No, because he still had Henry in the team. With both of them gone, I'd say its quite likely that Wenger will move on as well. It would be sad to see a player like Henry leave the Premiership.

Back
Top Bottom