Advice on setting up a website?

Soldato
Hello all,

Ive been thinking of settings up a website to help promote business of my main job.

How would I go about registering a domain and what sort of costs are involved.

I have no problem with the maintence of creating the site (html side) its just getting it up and running that im confused about :)

Thanks

Rich

Soldato
http://www.ochostreview.co.uk/

It costs very little, currently my host (ran by someone on these forums i believe), is £30 for 12 months (got an offer so it's 18 months though :)), which gets me 350mb webspace and 25gig bandwidth, which is enough for a modest size site i'd imagine.

Most webhosts also register domains for you, so you don't have to bother with doing a whole lot really :)

Soldato
For the domain registration i cannot recommend registron.co.uk highly enough. Incredibly efficient service and very easy to use. The customer support is also very good, and the prices are damn cheap too, hence why i have 4 domains with them currently (i think).

Rob

Soldato
Beansprout said:
Yup - and Adz is updating it to give it the ability to update domain details, child nameservers (I think) and possibly more. Probably because I bug him so much ;) :)

Ah cool, thatll be a good thing to have, any ETA you know?

Rob

Man of Honour
killsta said:
http://Register1.net have offered that from the start, and are cheaper ;)
I have a complete API system for GTLDs, I only use Registron for .co.uk domains - and if you want to go down the price route then 1&1 are the cheapest in the UK (£1.99/year + VAT last time I checked, which is mad) but I a) hate 'em and b) want to keep all my .uk domains in one place :)

Plus, for the sake of a few pence, I'll use a friend's services :p

Back
Top Bottom