heres my XQ pack :)

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forums and i already love it here. Well i guess none of you really know me but i would like to just make one thing clear... im obsessed with small pcs/media center pcs.

heres my xq pack:

Front.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jaffaflickz/xbox/DSCI0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jaffaflickz/xbox/DSCI0001.jpg

Sorry about their size,
i could get better photos with my sony cybershot dsc-p9
but its out of batterie.. anyone know how to charge it with a usb cable (i have one plugged it in and it dosent do anything)

Specs:

HSF: Gigabyte NeonCooler 8-Pro
Processor: AMD athlon 64 3200
PSU: Hiper type R 480W
DVD-RW: Sony DVD+RW DW-Q28A
HDD: Maxtor 80gb diamond back +9
RAM: 1GB OCZ Value DDR-SDRAM PC3200
MotherBoard:Mainboards » Socket 939 (AMD) » ATi » ATi Radeon XPRESS 200P » RX480M2-IL
GFX Card: MSI GeForce 6600 GT 128mb PCIE
Floppy Disk Drive (that dosent work)

Mods:

2 U.V 10cm neons
Front LEDs swaped for extra bright blue ones :)
took fan out of PSU that came with the case for extra cooling

Problems:

gfx card is playing up with differnt errors
floppy drive doesnt work for some reason

Temps:

as far as im concerned the temps are running fine exept gfx card:

CPU: 25c most of the time
HDD: 19c most of the time
GFX: 47c when idle, around 60c when gaming

Todo:

Cut case for bottom fan near gfx card and put custom fan grill over it, hmm im thinking i should get someone to do this for me because im really nervous im goin to mess my case up.
get 3rd party cooler for gfx card (had my eye on a few Zalman coolers).
find out whats wrong with my damn floppy.
buy a x1900 card.

Thanks for your time.. i hope you like it

Munc4n

Associate
Looks very nice. What have you done with the PSU? Is it a norm PSU with cables that come out from right and you flipped over so they come from left? Doesn't it just not get any airflow/create a lot of noise when the cover is on?

With the floppy check they lead are in the right way up, happened with me sometimes that they can go in either way. Try another floppy if you can.

How loud/quiet is it?

Nice job!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys,

i flipped the PSU over because of the wire exiting but what i might consider in the future is jus a little cutting to the psu and make them exit on the left side but with the fan at the bottom.

Thanks for the help on the floppy.. yes the light is constantly on i will see to this.

im not sure how loud it is really i would say average cause i have:

gfx fan
120mm fan
80mm fan
80mm heatsinkfan.. can be ajusted to 3700 RPM (i think) via fan controller but i keep it half way.

Thanks
Munc4n

Associate
OP
update:

Fixed floppy cable error
i cut the hole on my case which i was nervous about but it went well i think, 80mm fan installed blowing cold air onto the gfx card. and results showed now my gfx is idleing at 42c with stock heatsink

EDIT:going to look for a Arctic Cooling Silencer 6 Rev2 today :). has anyone had good results with this.. or know how much it can cut temps by?

also i need to raise money for a x1900 :( its gonna take ages ive got some ideas but ill post sepratly in the relavent forum.
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hey guys, jus bought my Arctic Cooling Silencer and installed it. im very pleased with the results idle at 36c :)

I will update with more photos (better ones) when i get my cybershot up and running..

does anyone have suggestions on what i could add to this, i would be pleased to hear
thanks

Associate
Would like to see those pics of your arctic cooler Mun4n, looks like a nice build.
I built mine a couple of months ago and have I think finished it for the moment, so here are some pics follwed by a suggestion or two,

pVkxse.jpg

I've been having some stability problems and as a result have gone all out on cooling.

Zj4sB4.jpg

1st akasa amber intake on the side 120mm
LybPRP.jpg

2nd 120mm amber on the rear turned around as an intake with some packaging making a cunning airflow diverter sending it straight onto the cpu
z9h31q.jpg

Before I added the amber fans I had to run the zalmans on full while gaming, since I've added them I run them all on half power which is a fair bit quiter and the temps are nearly 10 degs lower.
Because of the positive pressure caused by the intakes the amount of air going through the psu has increased which has to be a good thing.

I don't know if you have read Deathwishs QPack thread or not but the seasonic psu that he recommended is perfect for this case as the output cables exit on the left so no need for an upside down psu :) , if you can afford a new psu I would recommed it also.
Oh yeah get rid of the blue aspire fans they are horribly loud.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom