Interesting views of some Signings from 2001

Caporegime
Ross Peacock said:
The worst buy this season has to be Lampard. I can't honestly understand why Chelsea bought him. What has Lampard actually achieved in the Premiership?

How about two back-to-back Premiership titles. :D

Associate
Heheh lots people inferring RvN was going to be a poor signing and not score many.

Having watched Ravanelli in some of Derby's warm up games, I can assure all the doubters out there that he is looking very sharp and the combination of him, Kinkladze and Christie will be giving defences nightmares all season.
Ian Robinson, UK

haha

Associate
The worst buy this season has to be Lampard. I can't honestly understand why Chelsea bought him. What has Lampard actually achieved in the Premiership? On the other hand Poyet is a bargain.
Ross Peacock, England

Good old ross he wrong could one man be?!?

Oh and.....

Disaster: Ruud van Nistelrooy because of his injuries.
Madan, India

\the most expensive flop will be Man Utd's Van Nistlerooy. He looked good in pre-season, but when they played in the Charity Shield he didn't look sharp enough.

Yeah what a disaster Ruud turned out to be ha ha ha!

Good find this!

Last edited:
Associate
Most over-rated player and new signing in England? Step forward Frank Lampard.
Michael, UK

Yea whatever, possibly the best buy more like.

As a Liverpool supporter, I hate to say this, but the best buy has to be Veron. As for worst buys, there are a few: Riise for Liverpool (who the hell is he?), Schmeichel for Villa (past it when he left United), and Francis Jeffers (not worth half that price). One to watch will be Finidi George.
Chris, Wales

This guy could not have been more wrong.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing dont you think?

Soldato
I think a big change in the team whether it is new money coming in or a new player brings out the best in a player. Same thing happened to Beckham when he was at ManU. When Proborsky came on to the scene, Beckham had to work hs butt off to get a place. Made him the player he is today i think... be it still mediocre ;)

Man of Honour
mcdermos said:
A lot of people got it spot on with Jeffers though. A lot of evertonians I know talk about that being the greatest transfer out of Goodison ever.
At the time Jeffers was excellent, 20 goals in 60 games and a lot of those were as a sub. He got cocky after he left though, and injuries took their toll heavily on him. He *could* have been great.

Back
Top Bottom