Just swapped my BT-77 for a Holux 236 and it's the business !!

Associate
The Holux 236 is more expensive, but it seems to work anywhere. Was even getting a strong signal on my Nokia 6680 on the ground floor of my local dept store, so navigating in city centres is no problem for it... not that I need to navigate in Dept. stores of course :D :D

Associate
How did people find the locking time for the bt-77? Does your take some time to work out where it is?

I've been watching the GPS information on tomtom and i think there are 6-8 colums and they reguarly fill up but only go blue. I've read people have problems with the bt-77 and the phone losing bluetooth, but for me it is getting a lock.

Associate
OP
My BT-77 was OK, but sometimes it took ages for the phone and the gps to connect. Sometimes it asked for a pass code and sometimes it did'nt. Also after an hour or so it could loose the gps completely and I had to reboot the phone !
This Holux is looking decidedly better.

Soldato
I've seen a few moaning regarding the BT77 and I know what the problem is. It's a cheap GPS receiver :o

Spend decent money on on with the SirfstarIII chipset and you'll not have so many problems getting a lock.

I currently run the original TomTom receiver with the SirfstarII chipset and it's been pretty much faultless.

Soldato
If it's their first reciever, great compared to what? I mean obviously it works but it's only when you compare it to a good receiver that you find it doesn't work as well as it could or should

However, I'm not basing any of this from experiecne with the BT77 as I've never used one.

Back
Top Bottom