Going to contract from PAYG

Soldato
The last 5 years (at a guess) I've been on vodafone PAYG, topping up with about £10 a month at the beginning but it has escalated to around £10 a week with my current texting usage and thats with restricting myself to 20 second phone conversations.

I'm looking for a contract that will give me free anytime minutes and free texts, though free texts is probably the more important of the two. Ideally I'd like to pay around £30 per month.

I am a university student (supposedly) studying full time if that helps with any special deal I may be able to get.

On the phone front I don't mind paying a bit for a decent phone. Ideally I would like it to have mp3 ringtones so I can giggle at the bananaphone song when people ring me up, any other extras are a bonus.

I would also like to keep the same number. If I were to contact Vodafone to get the code thingy so I can go to another provider would they be likely to try and offer me something to stay with them or not bother seeing I'm only a PAYG customer?

Thanks in advance for your advice <3

Soldato
orange student deal, £30 a month for 200mins and 1000txts. Should get most phones free on this contract and from what you've said i'd hazard a guess that a sony ericsson k750i would suit your needs.

Soldato
OP
The only problem with the orange student deals online is that I don't have an NUS number but a uni ID that just says "this person is a member of NUS" on the back. Could I get the same sort of deal in an orange shop if I showed them my student card?

Soldato
I'm not sure the Orange shops offer the same deals, but they would accept your card as proof you're a student. Best thing to do would be to go and see them and ask.

The Online thing does accept UCAS numbers as well as NUS numbers. You could try that.

Back
Top Bottom