Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Virgin PAYG

Votes: 5 2.8%

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
My bro-in-law is thinking about moving to Orange from Vodafone.
His reasons are :
1. Orange is cheaper - local and international - on a business contract
2. Orange have a better selection of phones (he's a Nokia man)

I've always been with Orange and have mentioned that coverage and reception is not as good, which I like as I always have an excuse for not answering the phone ;)

How do the other networks - O2, T-mobile, 3 - compare to Vodafone and Orange?

Soldato
Vodafone are awful.

1) They brand their phones, usually removing the beautiful GUI and replacing it with red crap. They also shove their horrible logo all over the phone.
2) They may offer good prices on a new handset, but when it comes to upgrades, they are hell. I had to threaten an O2 move in order to get the handset I wanted, and I still paid much more than it would to have closed my contract and opened a new one.

On the other hand, Vodafone's GPRS homepage is quite useful, especially for sports scores and news.

Soldato
Never had any probs with Vodaphone TBH, been with them for about 4 years. Never had a problem with their customer services either. Once had a phone go wrong and they swapped it out the next day with no hassle.

Also, always get through to them no problems if I need anything.

More than what can be said of O2 customer services from what I have heard. A friend of mine has so far been waiting 3 weeks for them to swap a faulty new phone.

Besides, all the networks brand their phones anyway.

Soldato
Marvt74 said:
I've always found O2 CS to be very good and helpful, and faulty phones usually replaced within 2-3 days fantastic allowances on contracts aswell.

How many have you had to have replaced with them (just notices the plural use of the word phone)

I don't think they'll be doing those fantastic deals on upgrades in the future though will they now the take over is off?

Soldato
IMO

Vodafone - business user
Orange/O2 Light business/personal
T-mobile - Personal
Virgin - comes under Tmobile

3 i would not even include due to there terrible service all round.....

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like no more pr0n hotlines for you, sir! :p

I've never actually seen a £700+ bill - the most I've ever spent is around £150 and that was including roaming in Germany, Hong Kong and China. (Yes, I know it was probably a billing mistake, but must have been pure hell to sort out!)

I've been using Vodafone with no hassle at all for the last 4 years - each time I upgraded, I've had to pay way less than what others pay for a new contract at the time.

Last upgrade was done at month 7 into contract - they must like me or something ;) Got a text saying "You can upgrade now, give us a call at .... " and happily complied.

Soldato
Yes it was pure hell! took over a year....bailiffs...lots of phone calls......police involvement. Of course i end up with the bad credit rating! But can do nothing to them!

And i did actually have two like that!! But only kept one hard copy

And i have to say without being racist, that it would have helped if the poxy people could speak and understand english!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm with O2.
I've been with them now for approaching 4 months and in that time they have been great.
On the few occasions I've called them they have been quick to answer and the person who took my call sorted the problem, there was no handing the problem on.
Others however will tell you that O2 CS are terrible etc.

Before O2 I was an Orange customer for around 10 years.
I only moved away from them when 4 months ago I looked at doing my usual yearly upgrade and they refused to let me have a W800i for the same price a new customer could get one.
Over those 10 years however I had an amazing relationship with Orange and the only reason I moved was because of this upgrade issue and I was sticking by my guns.

Although O2 have been fine so far I wouldn't mind the security of being back with Orange and I may well find myself going back next year once my O2 contract is up for renew.

Soldato
I've been with all of the providers at one point or another and personally I think that Orange can't be beaten. Sure they're a little bit more expensive and may not give you the cheapest upgrades but you get what you pay for IMO.

Soldato
Ive been with orange on and off for 10 years now.......i think.

Always end up going back to them, as mentioned not the cheapest.

I wonder if we could do a poll to see who is the popular ? both payg and contract

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm a bit uncertain what to vote for.
I was originally with O2 contract who were fine, good price and good deals with them, then when I had my phone stolen they caused me huge hassle, few days delay between me phoning to bar the phone and them actually barring it which they then refused to accept so I had to pay for the calls made by whoever stole it :/
But before that they were great.

Then I switched to Orange who have been painless enough but not very good value for money imo when it comes to minutes and texts. But maybe they just don't have any tariffs ideally suited to me.

Yesterday i just switched to T-Mobile who have offered me a very good deal for the money but obviously I can't tell yet whether it really is a good deal :)

Permabanned
I was with O2 payg and I wouldn't recommend them. I started using O2 a few years ago and they have been excellent but the last year it's gone downhill. I have put money on my phone using the electronic card in shops to find the money hasn't gone on until a few days later. I've also had problems getting texts days after they have been sent.
I phoned up CS and they changed my phone number which was fine then later that day I got a phone call from a person saying that his sim has been blocked and that I have been given his number. I phoned CS and they said they would phone me back on the problem but I didn't get a call back.

I've recently changed to T-mobile payg and eveything has been fine.

Soldato
had vodafone 3 years ago, moved to t mobile, then orange, funnily enough back to voda, you might say stuff about their branding of phones and phone prices, but if you look at them as a service provider, I dont think they can be beat in terms of customer service etc, I think only T-Mobile comes close, orange didnt have the coverage i needed and I had occasional dropped calls or late texts.

Soldato
Brum Man said:
How many have you had to have replaced with them (just notices the plural use of the word phone)

I don't think they'll be doing those fantastic deals on upgrades in the future though will they now the take over is off?

3 so far, 2 s700i's and one W800, my current w800 seems bit dodgy aswell at times

Back
Top Bottom