I have a spyware infection

Associate
Not sure if this is the right forum (move to appropriate forum if neccessary.

Basically I have a spyware infection and I think i'm being hacked. I have tried using adaware to delete it but they keep coming back. Basically when I came back to my computer after leaving it idle for a while there would be a few notepads up and paint would be opened and scribbled in.

I've just sat here and watched the following happen:

Someone opened up run, then opened up ms dos, then typed "ping www.blah.com", then i interupted them.

I'm running peerguardian but it doesnt seem to be blocking them from entering my pc. Will they be looking for credit card details or what?

Would appreciate any help as I'm really stuck on what to do. I'm trying to avoid formatting as I have so much stuff and I won't be able to back it all up.

Permabanned
that sounds quite serious! are you running a wifi network?

and get kaspersky antivirus and zonealarm security suite and it should stop, use spyware doctor to get rid of any remaining infected stuff

Man of Honour
Is your wireless network password protected? Sounds like someone has seen your signal and connected to your LAN and is using Remote Desktop.

Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Remote tab -> untick boxes

Soldato
converse_uprise said:
Okay my pc keeps turning itself off. I don't I have any option but to format.

As said above, try booting your PC in safe mode. When you boot up, before the windows logo screen, hit F8 and select safe mode. Then try deleting them :) You don't have VNC installed do you?

Back
Top Bottom