• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my X850XT causing motherboard beeps?!

Associate
Hey, when I play some games, CSS mostly, maybe some BFV (yes, V!!! not 2) I get a series of beeps from my motherboard. I check PC Probe and its not my CPU overheating thats not changing too much. I can't really think of what else it could be but my graphics card.

I also ran ATI Tool to do some stress tests on my X850XT, and when it got to 560+Mhz it started to do the beeps every second of two. So I think it could be the problem.

I would try and tell you the temperature I get in ATI C&C but that won't load for me at startup >_<

The rest of my system is as follows:

3800+ @ Stock w/Asus Star Ice
2x1GB PC3200 RAM
X850XT PE
480W PSU

Any ideas?

Sel

Sel

Associate
I get beeps when I changed my drivers from 4.12 to 5.13 after the beep I hear the fan speed increase slightly.

Soldato
i used to get beeps, turned out it was mine was overheating. so i bought myself a arctric cooling vga silencer. and it sorted it out, well worth 15 quid

Associate
OP
I do actually have one of those somewhere, I remember trying to fit but I didn't have a screw driver small enough to do it. lol.

Back
Top Bottom