Looking at changing from Pipex......

Soldato
I am currently coming to the end of my 12 month contract with Pipex and am looking at changing ISP's.
I am currently paying £23.44 for an uncapped 1mb connection, and from the looks of it, a 2mb connection can be had for less!!!
I've not had any problems with Pipex (in fact they have been superb) but I do want to keep my costs down and if I can upgrade my speed at the same time, great!!! :)

I've been looking at the £17.99 Tiscali deal (although some posts say dont go near them with a barge pole) and just looked at Demon @ £19.99 (both 2mb unlimited)
Has anyone got any opinions on these two to help make my decision??

Shame Pipex would only offer me a 30gb capped 2mb service @ £14.99 pm, they wont do any offers for uncapped services!!! :(

Thanks for any help guys....

StevieP

Soldato
OP
I must admit, Demon do seem to be getting the nod ahead of Tiscali....although I have a couple of friends that have Tiscali and have had no problems at all!!

StevieP

Soldato
StevieP said:
Shame Pipex would only offer me a 30gb capped 2mb service @ £14.99 pm, they wont do any offers for uncapped services!!! :(P

Hi,

Im a bit off topic here. £14.99 for a 30GB cap is pretty much exactly what im looking for, was it a special offer to try adn keep you or it it somethign they will do for anyone?

I too am looking at demon, but i dont really need uncapped.

DO NOT touch tiscali with a barge pole, i was stuck with them for 12 months, and 10 of those 12 months were living hell, speeds at around dial up, and gaming ping of between 250 and 500 depending on how the serice decided to run. And just to put the cream on the cake it took them 7 weeks to process our disconnection as they did not do migrations at the time.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure if their offer was an attempt to keep me or if its readily available to be honest but they wouldnt offer ANYTHING on an uncapped basis which is why I passed.
Other than that, Pipex have been spot on for 12 months!!

StevieP

Soldato
OP
The only downside I can see with Demon is the 12 month contract....has anyone got any opinions on Bulldog?? I am less than a mile from the exchange so I should get a decent connection (upto 8mb) !!!

Any thoughts??

Soldato
StevieP said:
I'm not sure if their offer was an attempt to keep me or if its readily available to be honest but they wouldnt offer ANYTHING on an uncapped basis which is why I passed.
Other than that, Pipex have been spot on for 12 months!!

StevieP
I'm with Pipex atm; Solo 1000 'uncapped,' and I love it :D

Got about 4 months left on my contract, are you saying that they no longer do an uncapped service of any kind? I'm currently paying £23.44?

I'm pretty happy for this to continue after the 12 months :rolleyes:

Solo 1000 uncapped; is still shown on the website?

SW.

Soldato
i remember back in the day that nildram were the people to goto.

i remember zen and pipex used to have terrible routing (i.e not peering with linx!)

Associate
StevieP said:
The only downside I can see with Demon is the 12 month contract....has anyone got any opinions on Bulldog?? I am less than a mile from the exchange so I should get a decent connection (upto 8mb) !!!

Any thoughts??

I've only just signed up to their 8mb LLU service so can't say much myself, but the research I did suggested they have sorted themselves out for the most part, mainly cos OFCOM was looking over their shoulders and scrutinising their every move. However Customer Services still suck royal ass - not had any experience of this yet meself but don't go to them for help, put it that way. Also their billing is terrible - not billed for 3 months then it all lumped on, sometimes they overcharge you etc. I was willing to take a chance mainly cos I wanted something fast and they were the fastest yet still pretty reasonable.

Personal experience, connection's been pretty stable so far, pinging quite nicely too. However I am getting far below what I should be - only getting the equivalent of about 5-6mb (650kpbs from a good ftp site) when I should be getting the full 8. However this could be down to the fact that I have a really cheap rubbish router - Linksys WAG354G should be arriving from Overclockers this weekend, and I'm hoping that'll improve things (as people I have spoken to have suggested). If not I guess I'll be chancing my arm with their CS!

Associate
They havent sorted themseleves out in my case.

Had nothing but problems with them. Rang them last week to ask give my 28 days cancellation and the date when I want to disconnect. What did they do... disconnected me instantly and not only that but they put the reason for disconnection down as non payment of bills. Cheers bulldog!

Ive been trying to get it resolved all day, have been backwards and fowards to every concievable department, most of whom were totally useless!

I would stay away !

Back
Top Bottom