Close to a Decesion

Associate
Hi. I had a thread going about my frustation as to what case to go for, and from that I nearly bought the Akasa Eclipse 62. It looks like a very good case, but I didn't buy it straight away as I was trying to find something better. Ofcourse I couldn't find anything better in my price rande (under £90). I didn't really like any of the Lianl Li except for the more expensive models and the same goes for Silverstone.

I have now been able to strech my budget to about £200. The reason for this is (I have very expensive parts inside that I really want to get the best out of, and it seems money really does buyt you quality when it comes to cases. At first I thought the more fans a case has the better. But I am now thinking that the normal 120mm rear and front silent fans will work probably be best as far as cooling and silence goes.

Anyway I have made a small shortlist of the cases that I am wanting. Please tell me what you think of them, in terms of silence, build and cooling. Bear in mind that since these are expensive cases, I may not be able to get any extra fans or controllers... ;)

1... The Chenbro All Aluminum Ultra High end Gaming Bomb 2 No competitor talk please.

I like the build, style and the removable mobo here. It has the usual
rear and front 120mm fans and an extra 92mm fan mount at top.

The official info:

http://www.chenbro.com.tw/product/product_preview.php?pid=121&spec=1

]

2...The Lian Li PC-777 Memorial Model

I like the side vents here, the quality of build and the shape is original,
which may offer better cooling. The only gripe is that it haqs no removable
tray which is a real shame, as I kind of need that .

Official Info:

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/M_M_PC-777.htm

Buy from OcUK for about £215

And Finally ...3... Silverstone "Temjin" TJo7 All Aluminum Case.

I think there are no reviews on this case for some reason, which makes
it hard to find out if the unusual case cooling actually works better than
the normal. Either way, I have not seen anything like this case before
and I got a feeling it will be a very good case to have, it also has a
removable mobo tray, which I need.

Official Info:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj07.htm

As you can see I have chosen the best case that each company has to offer so obviouslly any of these will be fabulous , but since I am still nursing my wound from buying a bad case from before, I am being a little too cautious, so that I don't get gyped again.

Anyway which one of these seem the most inticing and would be best? In other words which one would you get if cooling and silence for a high end Athlon 64 SLi system was the goal?

Also please bear in mind that the Gaming Bomb 2 is a lot cheaper than the other two case, even with the windowed side panel, which will leave more money for extra things such as new fans that run quiter and better and also a much needed fan controller.

So I would much rarther go for the gaming bomb 2 as it will save the much needed cash for the xtras. I know the other two cases are better than the Gaming bomb 2, but does the price difference make it worth my while? Thank You.

EDIT::: VERY Sorry about that, I didn't think, I just wanted to show what it looked like and the rough cost of the thing. I didn't mean to do it as advertisement or anything. Once again I apoligize, it won't happen again (by me ).

Last edited:
Soldato
Get rid of the competition links mate . . .

In the end it's your decision. If it was me, I don't like the Lian Li special edition for the shape of it. I'd be looking at Antec P180, Lian Li V2000/1000, Silverstone TJ06 . . . whatever floats your boat. :)

As for the price difference . . . what would you spend the saved money on?

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish common sense would prevail just once. This forum is owned bya shop, they don't like you advertsing their direct competition.

Personally i really like the chenbro and would have one if i could afford it, otherwise the v1000 is a brilliant case with similar looks (Mac G5)

Soldato
The v1000+ is the logical top of the line case for Lian Li, the 777 'snail' is just them showing off a bit :D

If you liek the Lian Li v1000's looks there there is no better case available new today. I have used most :)

Notice the v1000 cropping up a lot yet ;)

Check out the user revies on http://www.yewen.co.uk as there is my v1000+ quicky on there now with some pics.

Soldato
If you're spending that sort of money you should be looking at the Lian-Li V1000 series. Unless you want to make a personal style statement with the PC-777 (or you have an aquatic themed home) then I'd go with the consensus on this one.

I haven't seen that particular Chenbro model in the flesh, but the cheaper ones are very poorly made.

And the Silverstone is on another level again, both in price and quality.

If all you want is a cool (temperature wise) case for your rig, then Eclipse is plenty man enough for the job, honestly.

Soldato
WJA96 said:
(or you have an aquatic themed home)

Thats just made me laugh out loud, absolutely classic statement on the 777.

Im thinking about writing a article, how best to make the 777 seem sublte like a Lian Li.

That would be number 1!

Back
Top Bottom