Coolermaster 110 - Fan options

Associate
Hi All,

I've had my 110 for a couple of years now. However I recently built a PC for a friend using a Centurion 530. I was impressed with how quiet it was (had 2 x 120mm) fans in and it got me thinking.

I've got inside atm

FX53 - Retail Cooler - Going to put a SI-120 and 120mm Akasa fan.
X800XTPE - Retail Cooler - Might get an artic cooling silencer.

So.... I know my 110 has 4 80mm fans inside.

Question is whats a good replacement fan?
Do people recommend a fan controller?
Can you put 120mm fans in?

Regarding the fan controller - I know they don't usually fit with the door on but "puts on flameproof coat" - the door hasn't been on mine since day one as I have a SB Audigy with the breakout box and the door wouldn't shut :eek:

Suggestions including a dremel whilst nice would result in a pile of mangled aluminium - not so good with diy :D

I suppose the alternative (as I'm ditching the audigy) is to retire the 110 and get an Antec P180 - not a brilliant thought as the 110 was 200 odd quids!

Soldato
DO NOT MODIFY THAT CASE!

Its worth a lot, and I would exchange it for a 201 if you need to get rid of it (aslong as is mint condition)

But fans, SilenX are a good brand for the ATCS cases.

The ambers at 80mm are not that good though.

Associate
Yewen said:
DO NOT MODIFY THAT CASE!

Yewen has a lot of love for the old ACTS cases (not really sure it's the right kind mind :p ) as you can see if you've seen the line up of ACTS cases he owns

He's right though don't mod it, it's worth quite a bit (as well as being a pretty case to look at)

Associate
OP
Heh :)

I already have a 201 aswell which has my backup system installed - my sister has conviently borrowed this for the last 12 months ;)

I think what I'm going to do is get some alternate fans, install the changes to drop the noise and put the door back on and see how it is after that.

If worst comes to worst get P180 and keep the 110 as a work of art ;)

Cheers

Soldato
[Hypnotize] You will give your 110 to me, you will not mod it and you will not remember who has it [/Hypnotize]

Erm yeah, get a fan controller the zalman one is supposed to be good.

Associate
I recently aquired a 110 myself and have been doing a lot of work on it. The orginal fans have all been removed and are to be replaced with the CM aluminium fans, which you cant find on OCUK but are pretty quiet for 80mm. As for a fan controller, it can be hard as you need one without a large bezel, but have a look at Silverstone or CM if you want it to look really sweet.

My 110 is in pieces right now, and will remain so for quite a while :(

Associate
Yewen said:
Pieces

Alu_ATC check out www.yewen.co.uk

And Pieces

Nice new website - just dont sell cases on there or you'll be a you know what :p

Aww, yes, pieces :(

Its only because its being cleaned and re-polished. Also, got some parts on the way for it to make it as mint as can be! Front panel is also being restored to sort out a small chip it had on it. Door pins soon to be changed to allign the door perfectly with case. All 100% CM :) Once its finished, itll be worth it.

Associate
Yewen said:
How about letting me add it into the ATCS section on www.yewen.co.uk ?

(Yes I am promoting that site, just to get more opinions!)

Anychance of a case review on your Silverstone Alu?

Ill definatly do a review on TJ03, and we'll discuss the 110 over mail mate ;)

Good idea on the website though!

Don
buy Sharkoon 1000 or 2000 fans, i've got 3x 1000's in my cm100, can't hear them (tested with NO other pc on in room, just had a silent psu + fans plugged in) and i'm really fussy

Associate
OP
Me again :p

One thing I have noticed and unless I've got some secret bracket in the original box is that the new PSU I've been looking at (Enermax Liberty) has a 120mm fan on the bottom. Well looking at my Enermax thats installed (80mm bottom and 80mm exhaust) I can't see that the 120mm is going to fit as the bracket that holds the PSU will cover a fair amount of the fan.

The more I look the more I don't want to look ;)

Back
Top Bottom