what case should I get

Associate
I have a ASUS P4S800D motherboard and all the needed components, the last thing i need to decide on is what case i should get. The only problem whilst looking around seems to be with the io plating at the back which seems to be different from the one that is present on this mobo, all the cases that i have looked at have the same io plating which is different. Can anyone suggest a suitable case for below 35 quid thanks

Soldato
The board will come with its own IO plate. You just pop the cases off, and add the one that came with it :)

So any case which is ATX should fit the motherboard nicely :)

Associate
OP
yeah the problem on many of the cases is the screws have circular holes fitted to the io plate and i cant seem to get any of them off, is there some special screwdriver i need to buy many thanks though

Soldato
I think the lol is because we've all done this at one time or another (well, I have anyway). And when you see someone else make the same error, its funny.

Someone told me I might need a very small allen key to work on a particular case - and a 2mm allen key just about fits into the hole in a pop rivet. Hours of fun and amusement.

As for recommending a case - if you need a power supply then the ASUS cases are great value (look under OcUk Value) or the Optronix is the cheapest case on the site with an ATX2.0 PSU.

If you don't need a PSU, then I like the Jeantech Phong (great cooling) or the Jeantech G-Max (Looks like a Lian-Li V1000S).

Coolermaster 530 is the OcUK favourite at this price point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahhh!

Im self taught with no advice for first year so its new to me!

Rivets, the joys of them! The downfall of the original v1000, thank god for the v1000+!

Back
Top Bottom