360 Wireless Controller

Soldato
Hello,

I have just got my 360 prem pack.

Just got a quick question about the controller.

How long do the batteries last in the controller ?

What do i do when the controller batteries die ? do i just buy some more AA batteries ?

Thanks Ben :)

Soldato
2 Options.

Buy the official "play and charge" kit that microsoft make.
Alternative is to buy rechargeable batteries. I already had 4 spare so im gunna use those :)

battery life seems excellent so far.

Permabanned
Hi,

I find that batteries of a decent quality (everready or duracell) last around a week and I use the xbox for about 3-4 hours each night.

When the batteries are low the controllers ring of light will flash and when convenient you just pop some replacements in. The only other thing you can do is to buy a Play and Charge kit, but they're hard to find at the moment. This will include a rechargeable battery pack and a lead to connect to your xbox when it needs charging, so you can "play and charge". The manual recommends that you don't use rechargeable batteries of any other kind.

And welcome to the wonderfull world of xbox 360 :)

Man of Honour
Firestar_3x said:
I use NiMH 2300MAh batts and they last forever, better than the play and charge kit imho.
Not if you have the console over any long period of time. Even if you go through a pack of batteries every 2 months, at £3 a pop that's £18 a year for batteries, while the Play and Charge kit only costs £15.

Caporegime
BEN_UK said:
Cheers lads.

Think i will order the play and charge kit.

£12.99 dont seem to bad :)

Just got one myself, still in wrapping, waiting till the coursework is over and then I am gonna have a cracking time gaming. Can't wait!

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Not if you have the console over any long period of time. Even if you go through a pack of batteries every 2 months, at £3 a pop that's £18 a year for batteries, while the Play and Charge kit only costs £15.

The 2300 NiMh's are rechargable though ;)

Standalone charger is good - I have one setup next to my X360 chair :D

Soldato
I'm using a play and charge kit in my controller as that gets regular(ish) use. My second controller only gets used once or twice a week at most so thats going to be run on normal batteries.

Soldato
Psymonkee said:
not sat and timed it but if I set the batteries to charge befoe going to bed there done in the morning :p

I think the manual stated 4 hours or so for 4 x 2300NiMh batteries :)

Same here, mines roughly 4hrs for 4x 2500mAH NiMH batteries. Would highly recommend anyone getting some high capacity rechargables because you can use them all over the place :) No need to get packs and packs of batteries round here :)

... Just need to get a 360 now :\

Caporegime
lordrobs said:
I'm using a play and charge kit in my controller as that gets regular(ish) use. My second controller only gets used once or twice a week at most so thats going to be run on normal batteries.

You could buy a secondary battery for £10.

Back
Top Bottom