Sony Ericsson K750i vs W550i

Associate
Sony Ericsson K750i vs W550i

I am looking at changing my current Samsung D500. I am looking at the above 2 phones. As far as I can see the W550i is the same phone as the K750i, except that the K750 has a better camera and removable storage and less internal memory.

Am I correct in thinking that these are the only differences?

I was thinking of getting the T-mobile MDA Vario but for an upgrade they want £140

Associate
It could be a small issue, but for me it is increasingly making me dislike my K750i - the joystick. W550i uses a D-pad instead of a joystick so that's one less thing to go wrong.

I'd suggest you try the swivel form factor of the W550i in a shop somewhere, just to make sure you get along with it. Some people love it, others can't bear it.

Associate
Joystick on my k750i is starting to go, same with my mates. Thats only 5 months into the contract which is very annoying. Same happened with my t610 back in the day.

Apart from that, a very good phone.

Associate
Si MPS said:
The K750i annoys me, because its the 2nd phone SE phone i've had where the joystick has bust.

My jostick has bust too and I am just fed up of them! this is my first SE phone and it will be my last. Can't beat Nokia for quality and reliability.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I think SE dropped joysticks in all new phones to arrive this year. Out of curiosity - how old are your K750i's with busted joysticks? I hear the new batch, in stores since December is supposed be better done, tougher materials, no squeeking..

Associate
i asked this not long ago.

bascially the K750i has a better camera, and the w550i has more memory as standard. I went with the K750i as i thought it looked better and I wanted a decent camera.

Soldato
my joystick strated to mess up aswel, i find that it sometimes doesnt want to move down,

have any of yoi tried using an "air can" to spray in and around the joystick? maybe its just dust over the contacts?

Back
Top Bottom