A8N-SLI PREMIUM + XFX 7800GT

Associate
Hi all, i built a new pc over crimbo with the above bits in it and it has been working great up intill last night. When viewing pics over the net i started getting blue lines on all the pictures which i hadnt noticed before,then i turned the pc on and it came up with vga error and the screen wouldnt turn on. i have tried lots of things and the only way i can get it to work is if i put the xfx card in the second (black) PCI-e slot. i recently installed my audigy soundcard but dont think that has anything to do with it as it still didnt work when i took it out, Please help :(

Associate
I have got the same thing wrong with my mobo. I can only use the black lane , as the blue lane shows no picture, although I can quite clearly hear everything booting up. I thought It happened because of something I did, as I was having frequent ventures inside my case, and also my cases PCi retention clip was a useless plastic thing which would let my card move in when ever I had to pull out or put in a dvi lead. Maybe this is a common fault? Did you venture inside your case aswell, any time before it happened?Let me know if you find a fix , aswell (Other than RMA ;) )

Soldato
I got he same mobo but everything is working sweet. I'm using a Radeon X850XT in the Blue PCI-Express slot.

Get the case open and have a good peek inside, check all the fittings and make sure everything is securely screwed down. Don't be in a rush to change this and that, just adjust one thing at a time and see how you go.

Not sure what it could be from the info you have given? Is there a chance you may be getting some sort of IRQ conflict?

Associate
OP
if it was an irq problem why did it work for three weeks fine? i was just about to rma the graphics card but not to sure weather its the motherboard now i dont want to rma the moterboard as i just broke off the stupid white clip that holds the graphics card in. not a good day. when the card is in the blue slot everything lights up and the fans spin like normal there is just no signal to the monitor. i was also getting strange corruption and artifacts the last time i played BF2.

Soldato
Sticky-Ring said:
i recently installed my audigy soundcard but dont think that has anything to do with it as it still didnt work when i took it out
Sticky-Ring said:
if it was an irq problem why did it work for three weeks fine?
Hi,

well just trying to sus out whats up. By inserting a PCI card it is *possible* that the IRQs shuffled around a little and led to your issues, but you would think that would sort itself out once u removed the PCI card again?

One bit of advice I can give u when trouble-shooting these annoying problems is to stay *cool* and don't let yourself get wound up, because as you have already found out its easy to start snapping things off the motherboard etc.

I can't see anything obviously wrong, I normally would have thought the card was a bit feeked but u say it works fine in the other slots?

If all else fails it may be time to do a CMOS reset?

Associate
OP
Tried a cmos reset twice already and nothing has changed, i told overclockers what the problems i was getting ( by email ) and they sent me an rma number for the graphics card only so i assumed they have had the problem before. is there any way i can test the MB without another card?

Back
Top Bottom