A decent proxy server for windows?

Soldato
OP
Well i have tested squid a little but would like a more corporate proxy. The best I’ve seen to far is SmoothWalls corporate offering but it will only run smooth wall. We need to add some other backup software on the server.

I also have little experience with Linux which scares me. :S

Soldato
Well, that's a shame. One of the proxies I admin runs squid, and the security is set in active directory (a single 'Internet_Users' security group - membership is required in order for users to be allowed out). I also of course admin some ISA boxes. Companies that will spend the money (and have a Windows box free that can host the service), get ISA, the rest get squid... I've never had to look for a third option, sorry :)

Soldato
OP
Well my provider will setup and configure squid which is good. The main thing that concerns me is the management. We will have admin staff who will be managing content and blocked websites etc. They don't have the ability to logon to SSH and alter text files.

I can't really seem to find anything in squid that will block a categories, . Ie Sports etc. Squid guard will probably do this.

I'm going to see if SmoothWall will let me install another program on it tomorrow. I’ve not really seen any windows programs that compete against the aforementioned programs.

Back
Top Bottom