'Stadium Arcadium' - The Return of the Chili Peppers!

Soldato
jonnyg said:
I undoubtably suppose any other Chili Pepper fans will be the same after reading this!
Not even slightly, their last two studio albums have been awful. Which is a shame as their work up to an including 1995's One Hot Minute (my personal fav) is awesome.

Associate
OP
Cool, excellent, so we have no Chili Pepper fans on the forums?!

Thanks for your input dmpoole, though i was kinda aiming this at people who, like i say, actually like the chili peppers. Theres a whole lot of bands that i dont like, but i dont feel the urge to slate them in front of their fans...

You of all people should respect the Chili Peppers and what they have done for music over their career...

Sic

Sic

Soldato
yeah, they've lost it a bit now tbh. when they were more funky they were awesome...now they're just another U2/REM imo. making catchy songs to be played on the radio. nothing special, but they were good live

Associate
yeah i love em, my fave album is maybe uplift mofo party plan.

Old stuff is better but should be good at any rate.

One more thing, how come soul to squeeze was never on any albums till thier greatest hits album. Thats one of my favourite songs now.

Soldato
The chilis rock. Ive been a fan since Mother's Milk and also love their new stuff. I cannot stand people who slate a band for actually evolving with time (*cough*Metallica*cough*) and saying "they sold out - why don't they play like they used to". Erm, perhaps because that was more than 10 years ago and people get sick of doing the same old thing for so long, not to mention people grow up.

Anyways, my fave record was One Hot Minute as I love the chilis rockier side, and apparently the new one is much more rockier than by the way or californication, so Im looking forward to checking it out.

Also, my sis got to interview Anthony Kiedis the other day, lucky bugger! Look out for it in next weeks Kerrang!

Soldato
I was a huge chili's fan until By the Way was released, I thought Californication had some good tracks on it. Blood Sugar Sex Magik/One Hot Minute are definitely their best albums IMO and if the new album is going to be 'rocky' I'll buy it. I listened to By the Way twice (the week it was released) then never listened to it again!

Soldato
They've got a couple of good songs, never been a big fan though. Too many people I've known always went on about Californication. Only good song on that is "Get on Top", and that's not even very good. (I haven't heard their earlier stuff properly).

Man of Honour
jonnyg said:
Theres a whole lot of bands that i dont like, but i dont feel the urge to slate them in front of their fans...

You of all people should respect the Chili Peppers and what they have done for music over their career...

Its a forums, the whole idea is to come on here and **** other peoples favourite bands off. Also you have to come on and **** other peoples football teams, MP3 players, processors etc.

And what exactly have RHCP done for music? They're that inluential that I can't think of one band that tried to copy them.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Its a forums, the whole idea is to come on here and **** other peoples favourite bands off. Also you have to come on and **** other peoples football teams, MP3 players, processors etc.

And what exactly have RHCP done for music? They're that inluential that I can't think of one band that tried to copy them.

Heres a guess - Faith No More?

Back
Top Bottom