atari's landfill rumor

Soldato
OP
one of my friends reckons it actually is true, i reckon it could be :)

try and make a fortune selling them on egay? lol really wanna try E.T now just to see how poor it is

Soldato
OP
lol unbelievable

"soooooooo, E.T was a complete waste of time and money. what shall we do with all these cartridges?........lets bury them and forget they ever existed!"

developers should take note of this. not to rush games out!!!

Commissario
You'll note that Atari were also relying on the sales of games to help pay for the hardware ;)

I've heard about that ET burial for years from various sources (including a couple of very reputable ones), but the video is great :)

Another example of jumping the gun with games would be the Maxwell family/Atari and Tetris, the BBC or C4 had a great show on it a while back, basically there were 3 or 4 companies interested in getting the licence, and Atari/Maxsoft (or whatever it was called) jumped the gun on getting it onto the market.

Soldato
I had ET when i had my 2600, i remember playing it a lot, but really not having much of an idea what i was supposed to be doing.

Pacman was worse, it was such a sloppy conversion, and i still played it for hours at a time :)

Soldato
Werewolf said:
You'll note that Atari were also relying on the sales of games to help pay for the hardware ;)

I've heard about that ET burial for years from various sources (including a couple of very reputable ones), but the video is great :)

Another example of jumping the gun with games would be the Maxwell family/Atari and Tetris, the BBC or C4 had a great show on it a while back, basically there were 3 or 4 companies interested in getting the licence, and Atari/Maxsoft (or whatever it was called) jumped the gun on getting it onto the market.
yea i watched that aswell pretty good tv :D
shame there isnt more gaming industry stories on tv. its not as if its totally talking about gaming all the time either.

Back
Top Bottom