360 cable question

Associate
Hi guys!

Just a question, im slightly confused, you see i have a VGA cable and play the xobx through my moniter, now we also have a beko 28" wide screen, which cable is best to use?

1- the RGB - with the scart plug already attached to it

or

2- the component cable - whats the difference with using this one + the scart plug supplied with the xbox..

Now the beko only has the scart imput, but when i go home, my normal sanyo tv has the red, white and yelllow ports..

could someone explain the differences please
Thanks!

Caporegime
S7rider said:
2- the component cable - whats the difference with using this one + the scart plug supplied with the xbox..

That would provide composite picture which is the worst possible, RGB scart is far better providing your TV has an 'RGB enabled' scart socket.

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
That would provide composite picture which is the worst possible, RGB scart is far better providing your TV has an 'RGB enabled' scart socket.

Dead wrong.

Component cable is the far higher quality of the two (red, blue and green plugs).

Composite cable on the other hand is lower quality than RGB Scart (red, white and yellow).

Does either TV have component in? If not, RGB Scart will be the highest quality you can get.

Soldato
mmj_uk said:

I read thru your comment, best I can understand it, you meant that the component cable also branches in to a composite cable, yet he would ONLY be able to use the composite branch of the cable and not the component.

(its like a Y connection, you get to chose either to use the component or composite, depend what your TV is compatible with)

Or you can buy a seperate RGB scart.

Associate
OP
Well one TV only used the scart (beko) and the other at home uses The red white and yellow ports/ scart

So the best one to use one the beko woulf be the RGB, and the one at home: component?

Caporegime
The way I read it, he wanted to know what was better between a proper RGB scart cable and the component cable connected via the supplied scart connector (which would effectively be composite).

RGB > Composite.

Caporegime
S7rider said:
Well one TV only used the scart (beko) and the other at home uses The red white and yellow ports/ scart

So the best one to use one the beko woulf be the RGB, and the one at home: component?

Red white and yellow are composite connectors, yellow = video, white and red for each channel of sound.

To use component your TV needs five connectors, red, blue, green, red, white.

Man of Honour
For your TV, if it's not a HDTV, you want:

Xbox 360 Advanced SCART cable, which is RGB Capable. Unless you have this specific cable (or equivalent 3rd party cable), you will only be getting a composite picture through the TV.

Both the Premium and Core come with Composte + SCART blocks.

mmj_uk said:
Red white and yellow are composite connectors, yellow = video, white and red for each channel of sound.

To use component your TV needs five connectors, red, blue, green, red, white.

To be a bit anal, Composite is the Red / Blue / Green, component just yellow, and the Audio is a separate thing :p

Caporegime
Before splashing out on an RGB cable ensure your TV has RGB enabled sockets, if they aren't RGB enabled you'll just get composite picture via the scart cable as well.

Associate
OP
Right, as both tv's are not HD, i think its the RGB cable then,

Thanks for the help, its abit clearer

Therefore, the component is designed for the HD tellys/tfts

Soldato
DaveyD said:
To be a bit anal, Composite is the Red / Blue / Green, component just yellow, and the Audio is a separate thing :p

mmj was right i am afraid; composite has red white and yellow ( well mine CERTIANLY does) , red ansd white for audio and yellow for video

..............unless yur talking about what makes up the picture b4 it hits the screen when you refer to RGB, in which case yru correct but thats always the case. THe colours of the cables are as mmj first stated ( not sure about componant as i havent ever seen or used one)

Soldato
S7rider said:
Right, as both tv's are not HD, i think its the RGB cable then,

Thanks for the help, its abit clearer

Therefore, the component is designed for the HD tellys/tfts

RGB = Red / Green / Blue

These can either be individual cables or wired into a scart plug.
Not all scart connectors on TVs are RGB, they are generally Comp.

As for the Beko my guess would be that they are NOT RGB inputs.

RGB/Componets as you call them are not for HDTVs generally.
These are used on mid-high end CRTS.

Andy

Soldato
IceBus said:
Dead wrong.

Component cable is the far higher quality of the two (red, blue and green plugs).

Composite cable on the other hand is lower quality than RGB Scart (red, white and yellow).

Does either TV have component in? If not, RGB Scart will be the highest quality you can get.

You appear to have misunderstood what was being said..

Soldato
I have a Beko 28" widescreen TV.

I use my 360 on that TV and its great.

Brought the Advanced AV cable to get RGB signal.

RGB only works in SCART socket 1 though, remeber that.

Man of Honour
FrankJH said:
mmj was right i am afraid; composite has red white and yellow ( well mine CERTIANLY does) , red ansd white for audio and yellow for video

..............unless yur talking about what makes up the picture b4 it hits the screen when you refer to RGB, in which case yru correct but thats always the case. THe colours of the cables are as mmj first stated ( not sure about componant as i havent ever seen or used one)

I was on about the 2nd one, so I'm right :p
(I know exactly what's on the Component cables for the 360... :p )

Associate
IceBus said:
Dead wrong.

Are you blind :confused:

He's talking about composite not component.

Back
Top Bottom