sum1 reccomend software to print BIG images- tiling ?

Soldato
hey guys,
ive had this problem for a long long time, and it just takes me AGES to do the maths ( whic im not too good at ) and the ink and paper i waste is stupid

basically my printer prints A4, i have an A3 image, i need to print it at A3, ( or a few mm smaller will do ) and often A2 images aswell

please tell me theres a simple piece of software that takes the frustration out of spreading one image across 4 pages, or two pages ?

thanks
Rick

Soldato
OP
hey daz,
thanks,
downloaded installed, rasterbated... but erm ... oh o0 lol

im not sure if thats the type of program i need, its just making HUGE dots !! :|
i need pretty much photo quality, the particular image im doing mwas made at A3, so the quality ias spot on to print at that size .

lol kool program though, i can see my self using it in the future !!
cheers

Soldato
During the creation of the rasterbated image there are dot size options. Try changing the size and see what happens - smaller the dot the precise I think it will be.

However, when you have it all together and you look at it it *should* look cool :D

Just take a look at the gallery on the website.

SiriusB

Soldato
OP
dont get me wrong, its a smashing program, ive already meade a 5x5 poster for my room lol.

but i just need to print out my college stuff. our sketchbooks are A3, ive made an A3 pic in PS, and my printer can only use A4... im gonna have to do about 15 more of these. so i need a prog EXACTLY liek thatone, ... but ofcourse for photo quality stuff. no distortion or visible dots etc .

lol i can see my black ink going going... GONe lol :p

Soldato
If I wanted photoquality prints and the paper size is too large for my printer, i would take it to a proper printing shop. I'm quite lucky and have someone just up the road who does it... have a look in the yellow pages and have a look online.

An A3 print cant cost that much and most printers these days can handle electronic images

SiriusB

Soldato
OP
yea i suppose im gonna have to
you probobly know how hard it is to cut up an imaghe and get it to print out perfectly like i want it too.
our college does print outs for 40p but the quality is dreadful... im not being picky... it really is terrible, such a shame

i wish photoshop had a built in banner printing feature or something
cheers for the help guys
p.s ive done another raster poster.... sum1 stop me PLEASE :p
lol

Associate
When I needed to do this I printed it A4 and got it enlarged on a colour photocopier. Quite expensive but excellent quality.

Soldato
OP
yea, im gonna have to find a copy shop

ive done it in the past by reducing cutting the mage in half on PS, and printing esach half with the same amout of reduction, but ive got a new printer, and it just isnt behaving as im used to.
and the alignment of the paper needs to be spot on to make precise maths, which my epson aint good at... it swallows the paper SO fast and isnt to gentle which often throws the paper through a little twisted.

thanks for all the help guys
Rick

Back
Top Bottom