X360 controller probs.

Associate
Having problems with my controller at the mo. Sometimes it just won't work with the machine, the lights on and recognised by the console but the buttons won't work except the flashy one when you wanna turn it off.

This is happeneing on DOA4 and yesterday when i got PDZ it took me like 10 mins to get the controller recognised byt eh machine.

am i doing something wrong or is this wireless fad a big crock of crap.

p.s - i normally dont get so annoyed at these small issues but am very ill and the amount i forked out for on this machine + me being ill has really ticked me off.

Associate
OP
i've had the console a week, and used the controller about 4 times because i only got me first game yesterday.

i turn the machine on then i turn the controller on. the X glowy middle button flashes then the lights rotate on it and then the top left sector gets lit up as so do this happen on the machine itself.

am only using the crummy batteries i got with the machine, but not battery life lasts about 4 hours.

Soldato
dont you have to get it to connect to the console by pressing the button next to the memory card slots????

i dont know cos i only have a core system :) but its just from what other people have said in previous posts

Associate
OP
the controller works with PDZ perfectly, but it just doesn't work with DOA4, which ironically was the sole reason i bought an xbox so early and i can't even play it!

Soldato
hmmm dunno. When i go to play on my 360 i just pickup the controller, press the guide buton and everything comes on and works, cant help you. Would suggest trying other batteries though at least

ljt

ljt

Soldato
EasyG said:
the controller works with PDZ perfectly, but it just doesn't work with DOA4, which ironically was the sole reason i bought an xbox so early and i can't even play it!

Try going into your Dashboard, go to settings > display > then change it from PAL50 to PAL60 (providing your TV supports 60Hz) and try that, I've seen this happen with the game before...

hope this helps

Associate
OP
ljt said:
Try going into your Dashboard, go to settings > display > then change it from PAL50 to PAL60 (providing your TV supports 60Hz) and try that, I've seen this happen with the game before...

hope this helps

You sir are a pure genious. amazingly it now works!

Have to admit though that is the stupidest bug i have ever known, would never of thought it be that.

thanks again.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
EasyG said:
You sir are a pure genious. amazingly it now works!

Have to admit though that is the stupidest bug i have ever known, would never of thought it be that.

thanks again.

lol no prob chap, glad i could help. Is your's a US/Jap version by any chance? as it may be something to do with that I think..

Associate
OP
nah had it ordered from gameplay for last 3 weeks and got it today. am still not convinced by this wireless thing, i dont like wireless mice on pc's either, but never mind i can play me game now.

Associate
I've got 2 wireless pads - 1 works perfect all the time , the other keeps doing the circle light thing far too often. I guess it might be battery issues but I've used the ones with it and the plug and play kit aswell. Time for duracell's :p

Maybe its a duffer :(

Back
Top Bottom