SMS Question

Soldato
can anyone tell me if it's possible to bar someone from texting your number,in the same way it's possible to bar them from phoning you?

i have a Nokia 6680 but the question isn't just aimed at me.
these days there are so many nuiscance calls and now the same thing in text form,do any handsets have the ability to block "texters"?

Man of Honour
Newer samsung handsets (D500, E330, E530, E720, D600, Z500 etc) have the ability to block texts (well, recieve, delete and not alert, which amounts to the same thing)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it can be done on the 6680 using third party software, check somewhere like mysymbian for a program to do it.

You don't need to block the texts, a simple recieve and autodelete by sender would do (which is how the samsung handsets do it)

Associate
Dolph said:
Newer samsung handsets (D500, E330, E530, E720, D600, Z500 etc) have the ability to block texts (well, recieve, delete and not alert, which amounts to the same thing)

You don't need to block the texts, a simple recieve and autodelete by sender would do (which is how the samsung handsets do it)

Could someone please tell me how to do this? I have a Samsung E720 and can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks

Man of Honour
yfas29 said:
Could someone please tell me how to do this? I have a Samsung E720 and can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks

It should either be under messaging>>sms>>block number (down the bottom of the list) or Messaging>>settings>>sms>>block number

Associate
Dolph said:
It should either be under messaging>>sms>>block number (down the bottom of the list) or Messaging>>settings>>sms>>block number

I don't seem to have that setting on my E720. Not to worry though. Thanks for the reply Dolph :)

Back
Top Bottom