• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600gt problems :(

Associate
hi,

im new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone could help me,

ive got an msi 6600gt 128mb PCIE

and when i load games like bf2 and earth 2160 they crash horribly during gameplay..

to even get to play for more than five minutes in earth 2160 i have to run everything on low settings and window box it

with battlefield 2 its like if lots of things are happening in one screen my gfx cant handle it and it just turns off,

maybe it could be because of overheating?

my 3dmark05 results are low like 19fps

im sure this card cant be that bad

afterall i paid £130 for it

thanks for any help it would be greatly apreciated

Muncan

Soldato
Im not sure about the games, but check the temps if you think it is overheating (coolbits, rivatuner) and giving the fps for 3dmark05 isnt helpful, we need the score (should be about 3300 - 3800).

Associate
OP
sorry to bump this but ..

what are peoples opinons on me buying a 3rd party vga cooler.. i think a couple of the zalman ones look good... the gfx itself runs at 47c when idl i think its partly becuase of my micro atx case (aspire xq pack) .. everythings cramped together

Thanks

Associate
OP
im sorry i didnt quite get you, do you mean every single driver on my computer or jus the ones todo with nvidia etc

just got this error when playing cs:s:

error.jpg

It then closed cs and froze for a bit

Thanks

Soldato
--Munc4n-- said:
sorry to bump this but ..

what are peoples opinons on me buying a 3rd party vga cooler.. i think a couple of the zalman ones look good... the gfx itself runs at 47c when idl i think its partly becuase of my micro atx case (aspire xq pack) .. everythings cramped together

Thanks

I think it's a good idea. I have a 6600GT (Zenith or something arbitrary) and on the stock cooler, it ran at 55 idle up to about 80/85 load - I've now got an arctic silencer on it (bought from the good people of OcUK ;) ) and its now 45 idle, 55-60 load. Peace of mind for me, and I won't overclock it simply because its a dreadful overclocker. (even on water it wouldn't do that much more than stock, whereas my old XFX one went up to insane speeds for a 6600GT)

If it's drivers, download driver cleaner and clean up all the nVidia ones before you try to install them. Don't want to bodge it up even more!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys i updated my drivers to forceware 83.10

but is it normal for these 3 files:

nview.dll
nvshell.dll
nvwdmcpl.dll

to not be found?

error1.jpg

Could this be my problem

Thanks

Associate
OP
hey guys..

Well i have basiclly sorted this out , whilst browsing some msi support forums
found a lot of other people with the same problem as me
the mobo and gfx card have some incompatibilty problems and i hould be able to RMA the board for an updated one :)

Thanks for all the help and input though

Back
Top Bottom