Quietest Case Fans?

Associate
I have a Lian-Li PC-60 Plus case and i'm looking to replace the fans in my system as its too noisy.

The fans I have are:

- 1 80mm rear case fan;
- 1 80mm top case fan;
- 1 120mm front (HDD) case fan;
- 1 fan on Leadtek 7800GT Graphics card;
- 1 CPU cooler fan - Zalman CNPS9500-LED;
- 1 fan on DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D motherboard;
- 1 Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W PSU.

It is my first build and i'd like to replace the case fans to help reduce the noise. Can anyone suggest which fans are the quietest to use - LED fans would be a bonus but i want it to be as quiet as possible.

Or is there anyother alternatives?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Akasa ambers are among the very quietest - 120mm and 80mm variants push a lot of air too.

Nexus Silenx are a bit pricier, but also a little quieter - I have a 60mm one and its silent, but not pushing much air.

In my opinion the ambers are the best all-rounders.

Man of Honour
Im after some quiter case fans, got 2 at the front and 1 at the back 80mm.

Also the Leadtek card is near silent... i cant really hear mine, and it doesnt seem to get loud on games either, still runs games under 60* aswell.

Soldato
Agree with others, the Akasa (Amber) Quiet fans probably give the best price/noise balance.

Sure there are others around which are even quieter, but you'll have to pay a lot more for them than the Akasas.

Associate
you may find that your CPU fan will be the loudest. I just put in two Akasa Ambers and they are damn quiet. I am still trying to fiddle around with my Zalman 7700 to reduce the noise.
May be worth while to get a fan controller. That way when you are gaming etc.. you can turn them up and when you need silence just turn them back down.

Just an Idea

kbc

kbc

Associate
You have a good amount of fans in your case also I heard the DFI chipset fans are pretty loud. 80mm fans are noisier than the 120mm ones in most cases... I'm using Akasa Amber 120mm fans myself, pretty quiet I guess...

... But that's drowned out by my 90 decibels graphics card fan... :D

New cooler needed I think.

n3x

n3x

Associate
yeah i bought some 120mm ambers to replace the antec fans in my lanboy, cant really hear much of a differece tbh, maybe very slightly quieter but they do push abit more air through the case which is nice... im gonna get myself a fan controller as most of the noise isnt the fans themselves but the air rushing past the vent holes in the front of the case!

Associate
Yep,
1. Akasa Amber Case Fans...
2. Arctic Cooler for you GPU
3. Not sure if you can change your DFI chipset cooler for a Zalman Passive Cipset Cooler.

If you can change the above 3 you'll certainly quieten the overall noise down quite a bit and not cost you tooo much.

Back
Top Bottom