Have I missed something...

Soldato
FIrstly, Hi all.. I am still around, just rather busy in RL :) hope everyone is well.

Secondly... what has happened in the last few weeks... it seems the road law has changed and people sit in the right hand lane on dual carridgways waiting to turn right at the roundabout at the end when they are 2-3 MILES away from the roundabout... even in zero traffic...

what the HELL are they doing :eek: that is an overtaking lane !

Man of Honour
Conanius said:
Secondly... what has happened in the last few weeks... it seems the road law has changed and people sit in the right hand lane on dual carridgways waiting to turn right at the roundabout at the end when they are 2-3 MILES away from the roundabout... even in zero traffic...

the farnham bypass by me is a total nighmare for that, it starts at one end on a roundabout, and people sit in the outside lane in anticipation of the roundabout 5 miles away at the other end of it, in the interim there are two sets of lights and couple of hundred yard single lane section.... i mean wtf are you doing people, get the hell out of my way!

Associate
Milton Keynes is terrible for this, I've even witnessed a few people sitting in the right hand lane in no traffic to turn off in several roundabouts time! Needless to say the culprits are usually BMW drivers or old people.

Soldato
I've noticed it...and I guess its because people feel nobody will let them move over. Conversely where I am people tend to only use the inside lane so a massive que develops at traffic lights. I think because they are scared of not being able to move back over.

Soldato
You've missed loads while you've been gone. I'll summarise for you

Fox has got a Supercharged Elise these days, he's hooning around trying to peel the tyres off the rims.
Drexel has got a Toyota Prius, said something about feeling guilty about wasting petrol or something.
Lopez has got a brand new Corsa 1.0 as he feels the power is more than adequate.
penski has got a brand new Mondeo, got bored of rust I think.
Freefaller, well he's still got the MX5 but he sprayed it pink and had a sex change

Soldato
OP
eidolon said:

Fox has got a Supercharged Elise these days, he's hooning around trying to peel the tyres off the rims.
Drexel has got a Toyota Prius, said something about feeling guilty about wasting petrol or something.
Lopez has got a brand new Corsa 1.0 as he feels the power is more than adequate.
Freefaller, well he's still got the MX5 but he sprayed it pink and had a sex change

I was reading through all of those... and genuinely I couldnt believe any of them.. until I saw the freefaller comment and just thought to myself.... yeah.. thats plausable ! :D

any joy on a vxt yet mate?

Soldato
The A580 is terrible for that, people sit in the outside lane because they're going to turn right at the next set of lights a mile down the road, doing 40 in a 70.

Soldato
eidolon said:

You forgot to say that Maz bought a decently priced non-Vauxhall after asking all of our opinions and then getting really good insurance quotes prior to the purchase :p

Soldato
Conanius said:
any joy on a vxt yet mate?

I haven't put the 2 up for sale yet, I'm off skiing next week and again in March so I thought I'd wait until at least the first trip is out of the way before I advertise it.

I've been reading practically every thread on the VX forum though so I'm a bit of an expert now ;)

Associate
spaz said:
Milton Keynes is terrible for this, I've even witnessed a few people sitting in the right hand lane in no traffic to turn off in several roundabouts time! Needless to say the culprits are usually BMW drivers or old people.
I know whatcha mean mate, I saw a driving instructor doing it this evening on the way back from work!
It's atrocious!

Soldato
OP
eidolon said:
I haven't put the 2 up for sale yet, I'm off skiing next week and again in March so I thought I'd wait until at least the first trip is out of the way before I advertise it.

I've been reading practically every thread on the VX forum though so I'm a bit of an expert now ;)

cool :)

id imagine your 2 should go pretty quick... if not, give me a call.. im hopefully about to start a new job at work that brings with it a 4k payrise.... could do with something a bit more giggle enducing :D

Man of Honour
Conanius said:
cool :)

id imagine your 2 should go pretty quick... if not, give me a call.. im hopefully about to start a new job at work that brings with it a 4k payrise.... could do with something a bit more giggle enducing :D

hehe, think you should put it up on ebay and wack a link up on here, sure a fill scale bidding war would start :D think i can name atleast 4 people who have said they want that car :)

Associate
Just undertake the `tards, its what i do. I know technically its illegal but IMO if you undertake quickly and safely its fine.

Soldato
wonder_lander said:
Surely you mean "here's the poof" :D

That was a tea spitting moment for me :D

I just remembered, he missed out on the thread about self assessment of driving ability. I couldn't be bothered replying to that one because I'd be well off. Its all pretty subjective anyway.

Back
Top Bottom